1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

car cranks and want start

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EW' started by lilman4592, Oct 20, 2010.

1. lilman4592

lilman4592 New Member

yes i have a d16z6 and i had a blowed head gasket and changed head gasket and ran fine for 2 weeks, water hose came off and fried the distributor and i bought a new one so im getting fire, and changed fuel pressure relay, main relay, new plugs and wires. I am getting fuel and spark, but i am geting no compression. I am pretty sure valve are goosd cause i drove for two weeks then distributor went out. Also i am pretty sure car is in time. Crank marks are lined up the cam gear is lined up and still want start. Plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

re-check your timing. make sure you use a timing light this time.

3. lilman4592

lilman4592 New Member

i dont havetiming light can u give me directions to get it in time. My pulley has 3 marks and then a space then 2 marks

4. simon1

simon1 New Member

are u sure you didn't blow the head gasket again? to time the cam the keyway on the crank is straight up the marks on the cam gear line up with the head gasket with one mark pointing up off to the right at a mark on the back side of the timing belt cover.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted