Car idles real high

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Apocalypse

Just like the title says. Swapped a B16 SiR 2 in my 5th Gen Civic and it is idling REALLY high. How do I go about fixing it? Thanks in advance for the help B)

did you just swap that engine in???
have you let it run long enough to fully warm up???

intake manifold gasket? just an idea- that made my lude idle high for 3 monthes and then it ended up causing a real irratic idle- just an idea though!?

Have a spare IM gasket, so I might put that on if nothing else helps since it can be kind of a PITA. Where's the idle screw? All my lines are hooked up. There's a line coming off the PCV valve that has nowhere to go, though. <_< I looked and looked and couldn't find somewhere for it to go....any ideas on that?

the idle screw is on the throttle body. hmm dont know about the pcv vlave tho.

yea my boy just swaped a GSR into his G2 and his idles at like 2,500 and he relized a few vac hoses were in the wrong place. get a vacume hose diagram. and make sure ur hooked up right. good luck
Tyler

also check the tension on the throttle cable. If it is even a little too tight, it will open the TB just enough to fuck with your idle. just another idea. 1st place I go cause its the easiest fix.s. would be vacuum lines.3. Intake manifold/gasket.

matt

Ok, I'm not throwing any codes except my O2 sensor code <_< But anyway, I unplugged the IACV, revs went down to about normal, but it isn't throwing the code. Hmm. About the bypass screw, I don't see one anywhere on the TB. Could it be because I had to use the D-series one, or should there be a screw on there, too? The throttle cable is fine, too. About the vaccuum lines, does anyone have a diagram?

fix the o2 sensor.

and its not the IAC valve.. the idle screw is brass and it is on d series throttle bodies also..

Well, I replaced teh o2, but it's still throwing the code, so I think it might be the piggy tail or whatever the hell you call it that plugs into the o2. Know anywhere I could get just that without having to buy a whole new harness? o2 sensor wouldn't cause it to idle that high, would it? Thanks for the help, guys. B)

check your spark plugs ... if they are too loose or too tight, it'll idle funny ... mine stock motor idled at 1800 until I found out what was wrong. Kinda strange starting in 1st gear without having to press the gas :huh:

Back