Car rolling forward??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jazzy19

Hey guys,

I have a slight problem.. 97 GSR, the whole car is stock with 70XXX on it.. When i pull upto a stop light and take the car out of gear.. The car still moves forward like its in gear.....im in neutral and the car still moves forward.. Even when i step on the brake and release it, it moves foward...
1. What is causing this??
2. Is this a sign of the clutch going bad?
3. How can i fix this problem???

Any input would be a great HELP!!!

THANKS,
JAZZY 19

Are you on a slope?
You don't make any sense. When you are in neutral is the clutch still pressed in? Or can you put it in neutral and take off with the clutch like its in gear? Explain yourself more.

My bad..... Well im on a flat road surface...The clutch is not pressed in...Like when ur car is sitting after u turn it off!!!!.. This rolling happens when i stop @ a light and put the car into neutral, I've taken my foot off of all pedals and the shit is still rolling like if my car was in gear..... Now i could go into more detail but thats the core of the problem.... SO do u think you could help me now????

maybe the clutch isnt fully disengaging.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Sep 7 2004, 05:14 PM
maybe the clutch isnt fully disengaging.
[post=387131]Quoted post[/post]​

Well hes in neutral so if the clutch wasn't fully disengaging, that wouldn't matter cause hes in neutral. How much is it rolling? is it inching forward or straight up rolling like its in first gear? Describe it more because even if it seems that ur on a level surface its still normal to role a little

well lets put it like this... If i stop completely stop behind someone and put the car in neutral and take my foot off the brake i will slowly run into the back of the other car.. I would say it rolls like 10-15inches??

so is anyone have a solution.. I know Standard cars are suppose to roll abit.. but this is alittle too much rollin

does it roll if your at a stop and have the clutch pushed to the floor? if it does not then your clutch is not disengageingall the way take it to a shop and have them bleed it

You have to be on a slight incline, it is impossible for the car to move with no force. It is also impossible to have the transmission or engine rolling the car if they're working properly, even so if you took your feet off of all pedals and it was still in gear you would stall. So the only logical thing is an incline.

Did you just learn how to drive stick or at all?

BTW the way your making it seem is some unknown force is pushing you (this is called gravity). Think of it like this your car is a cue ball when it's in nuetral and it's on a completely flat surface on a let's say 8* angle, it's going to roll down, it's physics.

. Objects at equilibrium (the condition in which all forces balance) will not accelerate. According to Newton, an object will only accelerate if there is a net or unbalanced force acting upon it. The presence of an unbalanced force will accelerate an object - changing either its speed, its direction, or both its speed and direction.

i was thinking it could probally be friction in between the gears, so when the shift fork disengages the gear, the gears are probally rubbing or something.

Still impossible I think, I don't know much about the gear sets but I don't think it's possible. I really think it's an incline. All of our cars do it, they always will unless gravity somehow dissipates or something.

Physics don't lie.

Trust me ITS NOT A INCLINE... I KNOW WHAT A INCLINE IS.... AND I KNOW HOW TO DRIVE STICK.... I was thinking maybe something with the gears or clutch cuz when i take my foot off all pedal and im on a straight road.......it Rolls, even from a dead stop it will roll pretty fast... The clutch pedal is not pushed down to the floor... Could it be the idle thats too fast....

I know.. This is really funny shit... How would i go about adjusting the clutch??? So far that sounds like the best answer yet.....hahaha... I didnt know that this was a hard thing to fix....

Will the car keep on rolling on a strait plane for miles?? or does it only roll for a certain distance?? when the car is rolling rev it a little bit and see what happens. also when your rolling push the clutch in and also see what happens

Back