car turns on den turns off help plz

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chacal06

I have a lil problem I just got my car bak from the mechanic changed the cams shaft and cam gears so my problem is that when ever I turn on my car it idles loww and it turns of the way for me to keep it on is to hold the gas a lil bit for a while and then it will stay on it won't turn off and when I'm drivin sometimes it idle low sometimes normal...I changed the idle air valve before I took it to the shop now I don't know what it could be ! Any help thanks

That's my other problem....I didn't know my heads are from a b16 so I bought a valve for a acura...do I have to buy it for the same yr ? I just figured out by lookin at some pictures that I have b16 manifold

how can you tell its a b16 IM ... there should be a casting on the back of the manifold ..

Well i seen some pictures and thats what it looks like....and my friend works in a place where they sell parts and he said that it also looks like the honda SI air valve...where can I read what kind of IM

Sounds to me like the car is off timing. One time a car came to my shop and someone installed the cams 180% off.. So just overlook the timing marks

I had my cams replaced too and I just got my seals replace it doesn't idle so much like it used to... the guy told me he fixed my timin and now it kind of idle high when I turn it on but when I start drivin it just goes normal but I prefer to have it like that then idle low... thanks for the advice now I guess ama have to get used to it idlin high when I turn it on

Back