Car will not start after swap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I had a very similar problem with my swap. I checked everything and NEW everything was setup proper, power to injectors, dizzy, timing (as close as i could with out starting it), it would crank, etc but no fuel in the cylinders (pulled plugs to check for any fuel smell after cranking) and the car would not start. Pulled my hair out for days.

My problem was the harness I used (b18c into 94eg) was missing a piece that i didn't know needed to be there. One side of the wires coming off the injectors all run into a plug near the driver shock tower. I thought it was some sort of plug that was used for a diagnostics tool. BUT there was suppose to be an end cap on it which linked all the wires together in a certain way. So i don't remember if it was the ground or power that needed to be linked by the plug, but it took me days of probing with my volt meter to finally stumble upon this "plug"

maybe its the same for you!

best of luck.

your dizzy can only go in one way but in a sense yes a 180 out would offset your timing but honda dizzy's only go in one way so it would be hard to have it out 180 but you can always check line up your timing and check where the rotor in the dizzy sits in the cap you should see on the dizzy it should run clock wise with all timing lined up your rotor should be at cylinder number one and if all else fails to check out goo then you're probably looking at a new ECU because the ECU tells your injectors when to pulse and if the injectors aren't pulsing then i'd go for a new ECU

okay i'm reading your first post on your problem make a ground right off your pattery to the chassis make sure you have no paint add another ground over off the bettery and see what happens because if you relocated the batt i did in my crx you will have to ground right off the battery to the chassis next to it i did and used all the other grounds in the car as needed and it works fine so scratch the part with the bad ecu add a ground and see what happens

yeah use a analog voltmeter...and ways if your dizzy if off 180 pull out the little pin in the chuck of the dizzy and flip that part around which should fix you 180 off

I the checked the thermostat ground a ohm meter and its good. I alsp checked the ground that goes into ecu and it has a good ground. I checked the ignition power wire comming from the ecu and its getting 14v. This is weird as hell!
What wires are grounded at the thermostat housing? I have a crx si and it doesn't have any wires that ground there. I noticed the B16 I put in have some wires grounded there but they've been cut when it was pulled from the original car it was in. The crx si harness doesn't have those wires anyway so I can't ground anything on the thermostat.

bro for real, if possible try another dizzy. I did a d-series swap and bought a new dizzy for the motor and it took me 6 fucking months of not knowing why the car wouldn't start to discover the "new" dizzy i bought was faulty, i made a frankenstein dizzy with 3 old ones and it started right up.

Back