Car Wont Boost..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

colorpros

Got my turbo all done and it wont boost.I checked for leaks in the IC pipes could not find any.Tripple checked vacum lines and I still get no boost.I think i might have a bad turbo...?Im going to switch one out this afternoon.Any suggestions or problems you guys might of had..Help Please

heheh awake now :p

is the turbo spinning?
do you stay in FULL vacuum, or do you approach 0 on the vacuum/boost line? be more specific abot whats happening

the turbo is spinning.On the vafc its shows negative presure and rises up to 0 and goes no farther.

I cant see any leaks yet.I put a fitting in the ic pipe im going to cap the turbo off and put presure in tthem and spray the fitting w/soapy water.But I dont think it has a leak because we shot air in it last night and the boost gauge went up to 5 lbs and the only air camr out was from around the turbo where we couldnt block the pressure of by hand .But it would hold 2lbs.Right when the boost should hit it makes a screaching sound,

hrm... strange.

any type of boost controller?

I think i found the problem.Shot air in the system and inbetween the compresor side of the turbo and the exhuast side of the turbo air is leaking.....I got another turbo my freind let me barrow

Put a new turbo on and now ...
My car has boost..my car has boost.... may cat has boost......did I mention that my car hasBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOst. yeah.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 3 2003, 04:30 PM
Screeching sound? Leak in the turbo housing, or possibly the bearing in the turbo?

dude where were you earlier????

Back