Car wont Start i need help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Masta

my car once again wont start...i knew something was wrong when i stalled and the car wouldn't start up, but now when i try to start up my car, it just turns over a couple times then the rrr-rrr-rrr noise starts fading away. I'm not sure what it is....earlier today when i got out of school, the car turned over like 4 times before it started up, and i knew that this will be the last time i'll be driving the car till i fix it. When i got home, i turned off the car and tried starting it up again, but no luck. It just turns over then the rrr-rrr-rrr noise fades away. Tried it again tonight....still no luck. It's too dark to start looking at the engine, so i decided to come on the forums and ask for your help....again
*update* when i tried jump starting the car, the car would just keep making the rrr-rrr-rrr noise n' it wants to start up, but it just doesn't completely start

the car would just keep making the rrr-rrr-rrr noise

Is the car cranking over fast, or slow? Are you asking us what will make your car turn over faster?

it's cranking fast when i tried jump starting the car. i'm asking what could cause my car to not start up even when i tried jump starting it.

If it's turning over fast when you jump start it, but doesn't start it could be your spark plugs, wires, fuel. I'd first go and replace the wires and spark plugs. If it still doesn't start check to see fuel is reaching the injectors.

O wait i forgot, if your battery is just going dead like that, then one of your problem is probably the alternator, so check that also.

sounds like the fuel pump could be going...check that out also...i could be wrong but who knows...just a suggestion

:idea: do u have enough gas ????? :doh: umm... what kinda car is it ??

it's a 90 CRX. Now, when i jump it (put negative on my frame and positive on the battery), it starts up really quick. My battery then holds charge at 13 volts. When i take off the cables, it still holds charge, but when i turn the car off, the battery just drains itself to 5 volts. i'm not sure if that means that there is something in the car draining it or if the battery has a dead cell. (overnight, the battery does not drain itself under 5 volts.)

It sounds to me that is is your battery and i would also get new 10mm plug wires, and plugs if you havn't already.

just changed the battery.....and the same thing happens again. what kind of battery should i have anyways?

something in your car is draining the batttery if you bought a brand new one and it went dead over night- or are you saying that you bought a new battery and now it won't start again? I dunno if this has any relovence at all, but my 90 prelude used to pull that shit once in a while, it would just crank and crank with now sign of starting- it turned out to be the main relay which is near the fuse panel in my car- just an idea

check out your cap and rotor, when my car did that i had a broken rotor inside the cap.

well, when i put a new battery in, the car starts up fine, but after starting the car like 4-5 times in a day, it just doesn't start any more. The battery goes down to 5 volts over night. i'm not sure why it would do that.

I had a problem like that with my 89 DX so I un plugged the positve cable and I heard a ting noise from the front of my car. Every time I touched the cable to the battery it would ting so I just got to thinking what would do that and, broke it down to be me A/C compressor fan shorting so I just took the fuse for it out and it solved my battery problem cuz it would start for like 4 to 5 times in the day fine then over night be at about 5 volts it fuckin sucked.

it is some kind of short for sure though so you should unplug your battery and try to find it with a multimeter, test all your circuits for continuity if they dont have it they are shorting.

i have a multimeter, can you tell me how i would go about testing the car with it? i used the multimeter to test the battery before i start up and when i turn the car off, that's how i know my battery gets drained to 5 volts.

this could be caused by a number of things. it could be a bad stationer in your alternator. check to make sure you have a good ground on the starter as well. check the connection to the starter, make sure it is clean and tight.
what you need to do is a load test on the battery, starter and alternator. i would consult a manual for that. i don't have my book on me cuz i'm at work but i can probably post the procedure for you later.

Back