carpc monitor option!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

I've had my CRT in there, sucks. Anyways, trying to figure out; should I get a computer LCD screen or a video monitor designed for cars to begin with? The monitors Ive seen are about 12" and support 800x600. Which would be a better route to go? And where's the best place to mount it? It's being used only for tuning(Crome) and audio(Winamp).

Those are definatly the most popular carputer screen around. They also have 7" Lilliput touchscreen's if your GUI's are friendly enough.

i was thinking of doing an in-car computer system (no dvd-rom drive, just a nice big hard drive with all my dvd's ripped to it) and it seemed that it could be done for just under $220 (like 100 for micro-atx mobo and decent cpu, 40 for 2 sticks of 256mb ram, 60 bucks for large hard drive, and 20 in accessories and such, no need for anything other than onboard video) plus whatever custom-case you build and whatever monitor you choose... seems better bang for your buck...

Well so far I paid about ~$130 bucks; most of it coming from the case/psu. I still just need a monitor but it's not top priority right now. Taking advice from people on the board, I took out my 80GB HD and traded my bro for his 15GB one. Thats plenty for music and tuning.

Back