cat pic of the day.. lol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

l_3f170525b944ddd5ffd3a58e5bc1a753.jpg

lol, i dont hog the left lane at 65, i usually cruise at 80-85 in a 65 zone though. its equality in my book. if the lane is open to the right of me, you have every right to go around that i do to let you pass. theres no law that obligates me to yeild and move over for someone just because they are faster then me. its 50/50. sometimes ill move over, sometimes i wont. really depends on the other driver. if they flash their lights at me, or honk, im not budging. but if i see you comming up way faster then me, i might let you pass.

also, if the roles are reversed, and im the one comming up on another driver and the lane to the right of them is open, i usually avoid the hassle and just go around. but ill appreciate them getting out of th way, but in no way do i feel they are obligated to do so. but i DO hate when you decide to go around someone and THEN they decide to move over, and block your pass, that pisses me off.

It's not about whether there is a law that says you have to get over, It's common courtesy and basic driver etiquette. It doesn't matter if you're doing 65 or 265, If no one is in the right lane, that's where you need to be so that if someone comes up going slightly faster than you, they can pass without changing lanes or wondering whether you are going to change lanes to get out of the way. Seriously, this is basic stuff that prevents accidents. If you don't drive this way then :asshat:

I've followed cops doing like 95 but I'm always shaky about passing them.

i followed a cop at like 80-85 once. i wasnt on his ass, but close enough that he knew i was pacing him. he immediately switched lanes and slowed to get behind me (i slowed to 70 while he was doing this) and he gets on my ass. i switch lanes and he switched to stay on my ass. then after a few mins he finally pulled pased me giving me a dirty look.

i stopped pacing him. lol.

Lane Changing and Passing on an Interstate Highway​

Because of the sustained high speeds on an interstate and other limited access highways, careful lane changing and passing are essential.​

Here Are a Few Tips to Help You:​

It is legal in Maryland to pass on the left or on the right, but slow moving vehicles must stay in the right lane. Thus, most of your passing should be on the left.​

General Driving Rules​

Keep to the Right - You should keep to the right, except when your vehicle is about to overtake and pass another vehicle or cyclist, or to make a left turn.
On a two-lane or other narrow highway, you must grant the approaching vehicle one-half of the paved or improved portion of the road.​

When you are driving more slowly than the traffic flow on a highway that has two or more lanes in your direction, you should move to and stay in the right lane.

http://www.marylandmva.com/Resources/DL-002B.pdf

all taken directly from the MD drivers handbook...
what say you now?

if the lane is open to the right of me, you have every right to go around that i do to let you pass. theres no law that obligates me to yeild and move over for someone just because they are faster then me.

PA has that law, keep right pass left. . .

some assholes don't feel like moving over and it only really bothers me when they are cruising at the same speed as the people in the other lane on a two lane highway in light traffic, in that specific situation people need TO LEARN THE FUCKING LAW. other than that i don't mind breaking the law by passing on the right and sometimes i just like to leave the cruise control on without having to adjust around other people.

some assholes don't feel like moving over and it only really bothers me when they are cruising at the same speed as the people in the other lane on a two lane highway in light traffic, in that specific situation people need TO LEARN THE FUCKING LAW. other than that i don't mind breaking the law by passing on the right and sometimes i just like to leave the cruise control on without having to adjust around other people.
:werd:
its a huge pain in the dick when you're cruising at 80-85 with the cruise control on and you need to wait for the inattentive fuck in front of you to wake up and get the fuck out of your way

:werd: nobody moves here in CA
it's because out here, people love to see other people pissed off so if you are coming up and the guy in front of you see's you in his rear view mirror yelling and motioning him to move over, he won't because he knows it's bothering you lol

I drive fast but I don't weave in and out of different lanes like a maniac. I just calmly creep up on the slower car, drive close (not tail gate close but closer than what would be considered normal) and i just sit there and pace them till they move over. they usually do 2 things, move or they speed up themselves. When you show that it really bugs you they won't move, hell I won't move because i'm one of the people who likes seeing other people mad lol of course i'm hardly one of the slow cars on the highway. When I have my son in the car, I do 75 tops, and i never get into the fast lane.

theres lots of room, im not blocking.

and in response to "what say you now?" id say that theres also a law that its illegal to spit on the sidewalk.

its a huge pain in the dick when you're cruising at 80-85 with the cruise control on and you need to wait for the inattentive fuck in front of you to wake up and get the fuck out of your way
or you can take initiative, realize that other people shouldnt dictate how you drive, and just avoid the whole mess by going around yourself.

Last edited:
Back