Catalytic convertor location?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You bought this car, why? Now it's just an EX with a DX motor and rear drums. I would have skipped this thing as soon as I saw that the engine wasn't legit...

It's a 2000 civic and I paid $3k for it, it has a clean title with under 40k on it. That's why. I can swap an engine/tranny/ecu/axles into it in a day for under $2400 (under $2k if I look, but I would go b18 either way). And the Si has different suspension components then a regular civic as well as a much higher resale value. No offense but I didn't ask anyone here to justify my purchase. Even at auctions the shells go for over $3500. In this area it's tough to even find a 2000 beat up dx civic with high mileage for under $5k.

Last edited:
gauge cluster an a few nit picky things here and there

It's a 2000 civic and I paid $3k for it, it has a clean title with under 40k on it. That's why. I can swap an engine/tranny/ecu/axles into it in a day for under $2400 (under $2k if I look, but I would go b18 either way). And the Si has different suspension components then a regular civic as well as a much higher resale value. No offense but I didn't ask anyone here to justify my purchase. Even at auctions the shells go for over $3500. In this area it's tough to even find a 2000 beat up dx civic with high mileage for under $5k.

$3500 for a shell??? Where the hell do you live?

And yes, you're right, the Si does have an improved suspension over the other models from that year but the B16 is obviously the selling point...

Back