CEL code 21 no idea why!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

keren

Ive got a OBD1 B16 that i swapped into an ek hatch about a year ago and just the other day my Vtec stopped working as soon as it kicked on... the CEL came on and it was code 21. vtec solenoid.. so i went to the ecu and made sure everything was connected properly and it was.. went to the motor side and made sure it was grounded and it was. still nothing.. i replaced the connector that goes to the solenoid and the wire that runs from it all the way to the ecu. i even replaced the wire that went into the rywire harness i have... still nothing.. then i decided to call up one of my friends that works as a tech for honda. took it to him. they replaced the ecu. and gave me a new vtec pressure switch and solenoid. checked the oil. checked for continuity in all the wires and still nothing.. any ideas? its a stock p30. my vtec has worked with out any problems until now... i just recently replaced the head gasket, valve springs and retainers, and all the necessary gaskets. its got ITR cams. and I-H-E.. thats all i can think of at the moment... thanks in advance!

Back