1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CEL code 21 no idea why!

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by keren, Feb 19, 2010.

1. keren

keren New Member

Ive got a OBD1 B16 that i swapped into an ek hatch about a year ago and just the other day my Vtec stopped working as soon as it kicked on... the CEL came on and it was code 21. vtec solenoid.. so i went to the ecu and made sure everything was connected properly and it was.. went to the motor side and made sure it was grounded and it was. still nothing.. i replaced the connector that goes to the solenoid and the wire that runs from it all the way to the ecu. i even replaced the wire that went into the rywire harness i have... still nothing.. then i decided to call up one of my friends that works as a tech for honda. took it to him. they replaced the ecu. and gave me a new vtec pressure switch and solenoid. checked the oil. checked for continuity in all the wires and still nothing.. any ideas? its a stock p30. my vtec has worked with out any problems until now... i just recently replaced the head gasket, valve springs and retainers, and all the necessary gaskets. its got ITR cams. and I-H-E.. thats all i can think of at the moment... thanks in advance!
Draft saved Draft deleted