CEL on after swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jmunk

I just got done swapping a 94 b18c1 into my 93 Cx hatchback. Everything went pretty good minus the wiring harness was backwards due to the motor being JDM. I used the stock Civic harness and had to leghten a few wires and convert to a 4 wire o2, nothing major. I got the motor in and went to wire the car for Vtec. My car is a 93, and was produced in 92 ( according to the door tag). I pull the ECU out to swap computers and add pins for Vtec, all the pinouts for Vtec already have wires in them, in A4 for exmpale there was a thick black wire, all the pinouts has wires in them (oil pressure switch, knock sensor, IAB, vtec solenoid, so i tapped into those. I'm gettin a Code 21 and 41, I'm pretty sure 21 is Vtec soleniod and 41 is Primary o2, I think i may need to flip the black wires on the o2 around. How would i go about trouble shooting the code 21, it came on as soon as i started the car, i didn't even try to engage vtec and it threw the code, bad wire ? Also the IAB's don't kick in. I wired the pink/blue to A17 and the black wire to one of the injector (yel/blk) at the drivers side shower tower, what do i try first there. I'm using a stock p72.

Thanks. I think i got the VTEC problem under control, now i just need to wire up the 4 wire o2. I found about a dozen different ways of doing this on the internet.

Back