Celerity's Ninja Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Just went to my FIRST biking event !

Yale University had their blessing of the bikes today. We (Me and the Nin) got sprinkled with water. Then a ride through town !
did you take your big gay man purse?

No, No I didn't. That big bag gets so many compliments from people, it's nuts. I use it all the time.

It was what was needed to make the bike into a replacement for the car. My mac 17" doesn't fit in it, but everything else does. I can actually use it to run errands and bring things to work like documents, lunch, etc.

Now today Ididn't bring it, and I have to take 3 Vista books home tonight. I have no clue how I'm doing that.

Yeah, I can countersteer. It's easy. I can make the bike do alittle dance at speed by oscillating the handlebars too. I can countersteer through a slalom so briskly that my upper body can hardly keep up. Like I said, I'm leaning into turns well enough to lose cars trying to keep up with me.

Dude, not shitting on your parade or saying I'm some god, who really just crashed his bike.

But you sound like I did before I was properly educated on how to actually ride a motorcycle to be incredibly productive. I can now take my 600 and bust two u turns in a 20 foot rectangle. I kid you not.

Pressing into turns is the effective way of taking a turn, which induces a body lean. A swerve or slalom technique for avoiding any kind of car/truck/obstacle should always leave the body perpendicular. Not swerve, and your body "doesn't keep " up.

There are many practical and effective ways of riding, besides just by feel. I rode for a solid 5 months by feel on my 600, and easily the past few years on every toy I got my hands on, and still I was picking up tons of tricks every new lesson in my msf course.

I'd highly suggest taking at least the Beginner, or if you already have your license, the experienced course.

The only reason I low sided my bike instead of high siding it is, because I knew when losing traction then lock, then traction to drop low then to try and "straighten" out my stop. Knowing that I fell the easy way and didn't catapult from a novice fall, makes me realize the 150 bucks was well worth it and I plan on taking the experienced riding course in the future, as long as some track days at my PIR this summer.

Yeah, I'm signed up for the classes (2 classes this year, advanced 3rd tier class will come next year)

I guarantee that I have not lost respect for the bike or the activity. I'm just amazed how my fear is disipating and I'm learning behaviors that would have scared the shit out of me.

Ghostrider is chosen out of a field of 30 suicidal bikers, His average life span is about 8 days afterwards. When one dies, another steps up. Like you said, good footage though.

Back