Celerity's Ninja Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sick.

motorcycles are fun.

The bike is small too :) Biggest bag on the smallest bike. And like I said, it cost twice what the Peugeot cost me.

EDIT: "It" = The damned bag !

Again the size is really throwing you off here. Normally, riding without the bag I CAN'T see the cluster. I have to look down to see anything on the cluster. My mirrors are even int he lower corners of my peripheral vision. It's a small bike.

So I look down at the gauges. Like, almost from directly above.

Oh, I did however find out that it makes a dandy body rest. Last night on a long run I leaned over on it and just picked up my head alittle. It was so relaxing I Could have fallen asleep.

FYI you can stuff a video cam inside that bag, I've done it in the past with pretty good turn outs. Just make sure to stuff the bag with stuff to hold the cam still, zip the bag up around the cam leaving just the lense sticking out.

BTW I found a RC51 that might have my name on it. Just looking into prices on how much it's gonna cost me to do what I have in mind to it.

I don't own a camcorder, so I was going to buy that 2 piece digital cam corder for helmets. It's the helmet cam, basically. But the cam attaches anywhere.

W Give it a few months and you'll be turning the signals on and off mid turns =) Or reaching down touching the pavement with your hand for shits and giggles.

Almost touching pavement with the hand !

Everyday I learn alittle more of what the bike can do in a corner. Corners that seemed impossible to me a few weeks ago are now plain fun.

Dude

I'm no Valentino Rossi, but buying that thing brand new is a pretty dumb idea.
I recognise that you want gas mileage and something to start out on, but pretty much all 600s get over 40mpg. Plus a 600 is stronger for hills and will handle with way better response. I think you should have looked into a used Suzuki sv 650. Even if it needed work, it would be worth it. That thing just won't take a pasenger very well, and it will not take long before you start begging for a 600. New is never the way to go in my book, even with cars.

Just my thoughts, not trying to be rude.

you didnt bother to read this did you. he said he has bought used bikes and they all went to crap because of prior abuse. anywho, damn it cel you make me want a bike.

Well, you're right about the power. But luckily the bike IS quite a bit stronger than other's in it's class.

I bought the bike new because of financing and it was the cheapest thing, shy of a 50cc scooter, on the market. It gives you a LOT for $3000 out the door. I purchased the bike because I have no car, and have been looking for a used Honda since mine was gripped at the beginning of the year.

Civics and CRXs in my area are going up faster than anything ever. Last fall I could get one for $1000 clean and low miles, now that same thing is $4000 - or, completely unavailable.

As far as other bikes, used, in that range - Like I said, i had $1500 to spend. Had to finance.

For cheap cheap cheapy bikes, I've owned many cheap bikes in my life, and I spend more time working on them than riding them. I took the plunge and bought new. As far as Dumping (Which is what new riders typically do) I don't fuck around on it. I respect it for what it is.

And I average 65 mpg on a 4.6 gallon tank. 250 miles and it wants the reserve. This bike, for a non-highway commute, is made of pure win and covered with awesome sauce.

While I get into the sport bike thing (My other bikes were standard shape or cruiser) this Ninja has taught me quite a bit about biking in this riding position. Next year I'll hand it down / sell it and buy the BMW K1200S.

The other intent of this project was to see how viable I could make a bike as my ONLY transportation. That includes rain. I'm going to be one of those guys that's always on a bike now (I did, however, just get a car for the winter and autocrossing)

So yeah, sense tells us it's better to do all sorts of things used - Buy a used Civic and fix it up. Buy a beat up Camaro and restore it. blah blah blah. I want something I can enjoy now... and I haven't looked back since I signed the check.

Also, my CRX gets over 40 mpg. No biggy. (I gave it to my dad, and drive it when I want to borrow it)(But now he wants the bike in trade)

Oh, financed?! Well, I guess that was a good move. Those things get damn good re-sale value too. And tha BMW, a well engineered machine. My Friends dad just bought one last summer. Says it's the last bike he will ever need to buy.
Right on

haven't kept up on every page but have you learned the turn away from the direction you want to go in yet?
if not give it a try tonight
it'll make the bike lean into the turn for you and gets you around the apex a bit faster/better

and i did the bike as my only transportation when i was 16 and had no car/license to operate a car... rain can get fun, just keep it slow, and watch out for sticking in the center of the lane if its been dry and rains, oil will fuck your whole day when it rains

Oh, financed?! Well, I guess that was a good move. Those things get damn good re-sale value too. And tha BMW, a well engineered machine. My Friends dad just bought one last summer. Says it's the last bike he will ever need to buy.
Right on

Yeah, the BMW isn't a toy. It's a solid form of transportation. What did he get ?

haven't kept up on every page but have you learned the turn away from the direction you want to go in yet?
if not give it a try tonight
it'll make the bike lean into the turn for you and gets you around the apex a bit faster/better

and i did the bike as my only transportation when i was 16 and had no car/license to operate a car... rain can get fun, just keep it slow, and watch out for sticking in the center of the lane if its been dry and rains, oil will fuck your whole day when it rains

Yeah, I can countersteer. It's easy. I can make the bike do alittle dance at speed by oscillating the handlebars too. I can countersteer through a slalom so briskly that my upper body can hardly keep up. Like I said, I'm leaning into turns well enough to lose cars trying to keep up with me.

But yeah - the bike is starting to run out of power for me, but not respect. I love this thing. Something larger and I have a feeling I would never see the upper end of what they could do. And I like this shape quite a bit.

Just went to my FIRST biking event !

Yale University had their blessing of the bikes today. We (Me and the Nin) got sprinkled with water. Then a ride through town !

Back