CERMA oil, anyone ever heard of it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
it is the next biggest thing according to the VT crowd. but ive never heard of it anywhere else. a number of folks are running it saying it has increased compression a bit, power, and fuel economy.

had one test back from blackstone and the results after 3K show it pretty much like new except for the color.

https://cermastore.com/cermaoil/shop/

thoughts?

Junk.

Shit like that is snake oil. I've got a 550hp turbo Miata 1.8 motor at the shop that I'm rebuilding for the customer. He ran that green Brad Penn garbage, engine was built properly and has about 8k on it, the bearings look like they have 80k. I've personally done several other 'magic oil' tests, and they're all junk. We even had a representative from an oil company come to the shop with all his cute little demonstrations, and my receptionist actually called him out on one of the 'torture test demonstrations' and, when he was forced to perform exactly the same test with his oil and the oil we provided (Castrol synthetic), his 'magic' oil failed miserably.

How the fuck does it increase compression if it doesn't alter factory tolerances? Increases horsepower and torque? Seriously? Just read their website, the way that's worded and laid out alone should raise red flags.

tornado_with_box.jpg

...but don't take my word for it. Run whatever the fuck oil you want. Anyone who's stupid enough to fall for that shit deserves exactly what they get.

Last edited:
I'm sticking to the oil supplied byt dealer (Quaker state)

Sounds like you say though.

Wil, do you have a go to oil or does it depend on what your workin on?

It really depends what I'm working on. All the vehicles that I service I use specifically what the mfg. recommends - Castrol, Mobil 1, and Motul are the most common oils that I use. For transmission I use OEM oil, be it vehicle manufacturer or the actual transmission manufacturer. I do not use ANY sort of oil / fuel / transmission additives, EVER. PERIOD.

As far as my personal vehicles, I use Castrol synthetic in both BMW's (wagon and M3) and Shell Rotella in my Dodge.

Rotella FTW.

Currently they have a $5 mail in rebate/online rebate for T5 and T6. $17 for 4 quarts of full synth ftmfw. Run it in my Subaru and motorcycles.

Ive run Castrol in everything besides my Camaro, that got Mobile 1.

My dad drove long haul for decades, and always ran Rotella in the trucks, and his diesel pickups.

Back