changing fuel pump... how do i?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well, got her done.. started up fine.. idles fine.. doesnt die when i come to a stop.. i'm all good to go, except.. yep there is an except.. .. i'm not too sure if its supposed to whine like that.. its really annoying.. its a Walbro 190

well, got her done.. started up fine.. idles fine.. doesnt die when i come to a stop.. i'm all good to go, except.. yep there is an except.. .. i'm not too sure if its supposed to whine like that.. its really annoying.. its a Walbro 190
Yea i've heard people talking about the walbro's being noisy like that that's why I ordered this one eBay Motors: WALBRO 255 LPH FUEL PUMP Honda Civic Accord CRV 255lph (item 270085797041 end time Feb-07-07 23:42:29 PST)

built to the same specs as walboro but it's supposed to be quiet. Hey did u just replace your pump cause your car was dying when you came to a stop or was it bogging also? Asking cause as you know mine has been bogging since I did the swap and i've replaced just bout everything, only the fuel pump and filter left to do and it's still bogging. At the meet on Sunday met a guy that tried helping me figure out the problem, disconnected the tps and it didn't bog so he thought my tps was bad, I didn't think so cause if it was shot it would've throwed a code which it's not only for a knock sensor which I have to get also (you wouldn't happen to have one would you) but anyways I replaced the tps yesterday and still the same thing.

Yep, the Walboro pumps usually whine...all normal. Good Job

Back