Changing the fuel pump in a 91 crx hf. .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Crix

I have never done a fuel pump before. Do I need to remove the fuel tank to change out the fuel pump? I have a high 255lph walbro that replacing the stock one for my new setup. For temp it will be supplying the 1.5 hf motor for now till the motor is ready to be droped in, will this be fine?

On the 5th gens I know that replacing the fuel pump is just removing the back seats and removing the plate that has the 3 10mm bolts. No removale of the fuel tank is nessesary. But what about the 4th gen's? I haven't really even looked at how to remove it thought I would ask here first.

Originally posted by Crix@Sep 12 2004, 03:48 PM
I have never done a fuel pump before. Do I need to remove the fuel tank to change out the fuel pump? I have a high 255lph walbro that replacing the stock one for my new setup. For temp it will be supplying the 1.5 hf motor for now till the motor is ready to be droped in, will this be fine?

On the 5th gens I know that replacing the fuel pump is just removing the back seats and removing the plate that has the 3 10mm bolts. No removale of the fuel tank is nessesary. But what about the 4th gen's? I haven't really even looked at how to remove it thought I would ask here first.
[post=389369]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes sir. Its in your gas tank.

yep u gotta pull the tank, not hard at all

p.s. thers an acess plate under the storage bin but thats for the level sensor.

Will using this 255 aftermarket pump be fine on the 1.5 HF motor for now?

Dropping the tank isn't that hard, but disconnecting the 4 lines that connect to it can be a bitch. I had to cut mine to save the headache and replaced them afterward. If you do cut them, make sure to replace the main fill hose with the same kind, you will need the two bends in the hose to prevent gas from spewing upwards when your at the pump. This will happen if you replace it with a regular straight hose, I've seen it happen before.

Back