cheap alternative: Tokico HP vs. Bilstein HD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Alright, I got 250lb springs for the front of my car; which one would be better suited(and best bang for buck); the Tokico HP's or Bilstein HD's(Tokico's are like $120/pair while the Bilsteins are $190/pair)? Car is daily driven but also used for road course.

HP's for the mothafuckin' win...

I've had HP's on the fodo, my 89 hatch, and they're on the CRX...I fuckin' love 'em.

Fuck Bilstein.

i have a question about HPs.. how would Eibach sportlines be with them?? i know you cant go to low on them and those are a 1.7 drop..

/threadjack

i dunno about bilstens but the tockico hps are crap on my buddy's crx. but the illuminas are great on every car ive driven with them. It might be the age of the crx, but i say spend a little more and go with the illuminas. You wont regret that decision.

its a 2" drop; I went for Monroe shocks instead. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I got all four(new) for $40 shipped :)

I've got Monroes on my pathfinder...great all-around general-purpose shock...

performance wise, I dunno...

but I got a killer deal on 'em from work :)

I'm running lluminas on my civic. If you are going to run the street and do some autocross or just aggressive driving you have to have adjustable shocks. No shock valving can do it all you have to be able to adjust it otherwise its too harsh on the road and too soft on the track.You have to compromise some where if you can't adjust the shock. And I love my Iluminas, one of the best changes I ever did on the car. I'm running Mugan race springs, poly bushings, si front sway bar with poly bushings, and 15/16 rear ST sway bar. Upper and lower braces front and back.

Back