Opinion on springs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
I'm changing out my current springs that are too low for me personally for a daily driven car in the city. I already got my tokico hp's but the springs i'm thinking about getting are the following;

H&R (sport/race)
Tein
Eibach (sportline/prokit)
Nuespeed
vogtland

They are all around the same price range and i'm looking for the best quality.
I don't know if the pro-kit or sport from h&r are enough drop opposed to the race/sportlines but I don't want my struts bottoming out because I drive on some pretty shitty city roads.

Right now i'm leaning towards h&r race but if anyone has tried a number of these give me your opinion.

I basically still want a decent ride and don't want to be hitting the bumpstops. Considering I have plans in the future when my debt is paid down to do a b-series swap. I don't know how much the springs will sag in the front from the increase of weight, but all of these things i'm taking into consideration.

Where's the help?!
ok, i'm thinking the h&r race might be too low after i do my swap. (2.50frt 2.25bck)
So it seems like it comes down to h&r sport and tein s-tech springs.
Anyone had experience with both these springs?
I gotta decide soon!

i have teh eibach sportlines on stock shocks and the ride is good. i mean you can still feel everylittle bump in the road, but its not uncomfortable. get some eibachs and youll be set.

I have the neuspeed sport springs, a 1.8" drop all around only $130 and I have no words to describe how much I like em. no complaints at all.

Only problem I've heard about neuspeed springs is that they sag like a mofo.

I will agree on the nuespeeds being great. I have the race springs 2.0" drop on my sol and no problems what so ever. even through construction areas!!

Originally posted by HatchSpeeD@Sep 26 2003, 04:28 PM
Only problem I've heard about neuspeed springs is that they sag like a mofo.

um that's a first

Mine haven't bugged since I put em on a good 4 mos ago, if there was gonna be any sagging it would of happened by now.

Back