cheap integra power

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thanx again. what would be the best choice in a b series engine? the b16 is vtec but is it better then my b18ls? i was told to do a b20 swap but the horspower is much lower then mine. i want the cheapest power but my engine is getting pretty weak. if a swap is better then rebuilding my b18 then i would rather do that. thanks

i may have missed it but, you could also do an lsvtech conversion. stock, an lsvtec can beat a gsr but your tranny is still gonna hold you back

Hmm, for 3 grand there is a lot you can do.

But if you want a good reliable car with a little extra pep, just do the simple things. The deeper you go, the more things can break.

First off, the tranny swap is HIGHLY suggested. That can be picked up at any junkyard for a couple hunno. Just make sure the guy installing it is good. This is the time where you can pick up a good clutch and light flywheel. $700 is a bit steep. But drive a stock clutch/flywheel then a competition clutch/light flywheel, and you'll be VERY happy you spend the money.

Other then that, Simple things, "HEI" Header, Exhaust, Intake.
A CAI is the cheapest thing you can get, and it usually ads 2-3 HP.
A header can do a LOT to open up your exhaust flow, which also increases HP As well as a good mandrel exhaust system. For a small 1.8 you shouldn't need to go any bigger then 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 inched in diameter. But make sure it's either a kit, or if you get the exhuast done at a shop, make sure they use a mandrel bender. Crimp bends restrict the flow, and you dont want that.

With the rest of the money, invest in suspension.
Tower braces, shocks, struts, springs, brakes.
Going straight is a hoot, turning fast is a different kind of rush.

Drag racing is fun. But take it to the AutoX course. Track racers are more apt to talk to ricers then draggers will.
It's good to network and make friends.

I'd upgrade the tranny.. The auto's suck so badly.. Or else just buy a 5 spd car..

Back