Check out my Meat

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
First of all for all you people that looked at this thread.... I always knew you wanted to see it =) ha!

anywho, Today I picked up a piece of steak from safeway.

https://hondaswap.com/forums/uploads/11...ry_3_9_7751.jpg

https://hondaswap.com/forums/uploads/11...y_3_9_12455.jpg

https://hondaswap.com/forums/uploads/11...y_3_9_27449.jpg

I was able to get 13 steaks for grillin and 3 pieces of meat for use in stirfrys (beef and broccoli, beef with oyster sauce, or beef with udon or beef with..... MMMmm)

steaks range from 6oz-8oz each (2 per meal for me) and the 3 peieces of meat for stirfrys are right at 8oz since I tend to cook asian dishes with 1/2lb pieces of meat.

Price for all of this? right around $65. not to shabby. plus I was able to keep alittle fat on the cuts since I don't mind alittle fat even on my tenderloin.

I've boned many chickens over my years, :ph34r: however, this is the first time cutting my own tenderloin, I'm just thankfuly for my good ole faithful called J H henckels. It makes boning or trimming a walk in the park.

Tonight I'm going to do a brandy/butter rub using spices from Cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, whitepepper, paprika, currypowered, and turmeric.

Part of that rub is outbacks rub but I like adding a few things like the brandy.

Cook it on high for about 30 secs each side then slip the whole sucker in the oven @350o for no longer then 3 mins since they are 6-8oz cuts and I like my steak med/rare.

gallery_3_9_37663.jpg

aftermath =)

Did you fry your steak? Please tell me those are grilled.

And I'm a big fan of worchestershire for some reason. But damn. Cutting your own mean looks like fun for some reason... :ph34r:

Pan seared then baked so the outside gets a nice crust but doesnt burn while the insides stay pink.

Almost all high end steak houses DO NOT grill their stakes. Ruth Chris is one that comes to mind. also lower end steak houses like outbacks use a griddle. grilling is good but don't one off the pan unless you've had steak made by someone who knows how to cook. IMO the steak I ate tonight both flavor and tenderness blew away the last two steaks I've had from Ruth Chris by far.

Worchestershire isnt bad but on a good steak it takes all the flavor away from the meat. when you pay 10+ bucks a lb for a good steak the last thing you want to do is cover up the taste. Worchestershire is still a great sauce but it has to be used right.

Mmmmm steak and potatoes.

Sweet potatoe and a heavier serving of veggies would have been ideal, but I still give you a 5.

Quoted post[/post]]
Pan seared then baked so the outside gets a nice crust but doesnt burn while the insides stay pink.

Almost all high end steak houses DO NOT grill their stakes. Ruth Chris is one that comes to mind. also lower end steak houses like outbacks use a griddle. grilling is good but don't one off the pan unless you've had steak made by someone who knows how to cook. IMO the steak I ate tonight both flavor and tenderness blew away the last two steaks I've had from Ruth Chris by far.

Worchestershire isnt bad but on a good steak it takes all the flavor away from the meat. when you pay 10+ bucks a lb for a good steak the last thing you want to do is cover up the taste. Worchestershire is still a great sauce but it has to be used right.

You learn something every day. :thumbsup: For the new profound steak knowledge. I've had a couple steaks from Ruth Chris, and they're pretty amazing.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

You learn something every day. :thumbsup: For the new profound steak knowledge. I've had a couple steaks from Ruth Chris, and they're pretty amazing.

Anytime =) I've been cooking for about 10 years now and spent more money on my kitchen since moving in then anything else even more then I spent on my 50" HD TV.

I love cooking. plus chicks dig it. BTW take a potato and load the sucker up with kosher salt (the big salt) then take a wet papertowell and wrap the patato up in it. put it in the microwave for a good 7-8 mins (flipping over once midway) then once it comes out wrap it up in foil and let it sit for 3-4 mins, you can then form the potato into a perfect looking potato all the same time musing the insides some so when you cut the sucker open its super soft and fluffy then load it up with more salt (this time normal fine salt) and butter Mmmmm

This item is next on my list to buy.

Most of the time when you see a nice grilled steak it was cooked on something like this

http://www.calphalon.com/calphalon/consume...tId=CLCat100240

Once again the key to making super tender steaks (best way I've found) is to sear it on the stove just long enough to darken the each side and then throw it in the oven to finish it off.

use that cookwaer piece and you will get that nice grilled look on the steak. just make sure if you don't use any butter to brush the pan with some good quilty oil. if not you wont get the nice grill marks. if you want you can pick the steak up after 20 or so secs turn it 90o so it makes nice criss cross grill marks.

I love cooking steak. I make all kinds of crazy marinades that turn out ridiculously good. But most of the time I use soy sauce, black pepper, garlic powder, cumin and paprika. Sometimes I use a little lemon. Gad damn! I want steak now!

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Steak= :puke:

You live in Texas and havnt been shot before for saying that?
No, though I've been threatened, lol. Yeah, not a big red meat eater, too...unhealthy. Not to mention it tastes like ass...

I hope the other guy is right about the issues.

*gets out the tofu* here you go buddy =)

Yeah, StealthMode is right, I have massive health problems, i.e. stroke, heart transplant, cancer... to name a few. Not trying to start anything, just saying that I HATE red meat, and all tofu products. I am perfectly happy with seafood and veggies, as well as the occasional chicken. :laugh:

Back