Check this out . . . . . .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Ok, a friend of mine is in the navy and makes parts for pumps and other stuff that involves welding and fabrication.

He is a smart kid when it comes to his work and wanted me to ask around to see if i could get him information on turbo manifolds for honda B & D series motors.

Hes not a honda fan, but he realises there is demand for quality turbo manifolds at decent prices among the honda community

Im guessing it wouldnt be too hard for him to make log style manifolds similar to the rev-hard or drag type designes that already exist.

I told him i would ask you all for information pretaining to the desing of a basic turbo manifold and any ideas you had pretaining to how they should be built. . . i.e.) wastegate location (if external).

- thanks in advance.

im sorry, but i would never by a manifold from a welder whos not into cars and knows nothing about FI. the end.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 17 2004, 07:50 PM
im sorry, but i would never by a manifold from a welder whos not into cars and knows nothing about FI. the end.
[post=403732]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea I feel the same way

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 17 2004, 02:50 PM

But seriously, how hard is it to make a log style manifold.

If thats all he has to do then it cant be T00 hard right?

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Oct 17 2004, 03:13 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Oct 17 2004, 02:50 PM
im sorry, but i would never by a manifold from a welder whos not into cars and knows nothing about FI.  the end.

[post=403764]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea, but people don't really want to buy products that you don't use yourself. RevHard uses all their own stuff (on the Ecotec block now), I really think that few sales will be generated from "some guy who's an awesome welder in the navy". When you don't have enthusiasm for the race, it shows in the work. Look at SSAutochrome manifolds. They aren't made because they had a design that they wished to share with fellow racers. They're made because they can.

Originally posted by [Freemantle]+Oct 17 2004, 09:24 PM-->
[Freemantle said:
@ Oct 17 2004, 09:24 PM)]
Originally posted by Cashizslick@Oct 17 2004, 03:13 PM
pissedoffsol
[Freemantle said:
@Oct 17 2004, 02:50 PM
im sorry, but i would never by a manifold from a welder whos not into cars and knows nothing about FI.  the end.

[post=403764]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea, but people don't really want to buy products that you don't use yourself. RevHard uses all their own stuff (on the Ecotec block now), I really think that few sales will be generated from "some guy who's an awesome welder in the navy". When you don't have enthusiasm for the race, it shows in the work. Look at SSAutochrome manifolds. They aren't made because they had a design that they wished to share with fellow racers. They're made because they can.
[post=403917]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe you all miss what im getting at.

if the parts are made right and are reliable then what gives.

OBVIOUSLY the above can only be established through testing - duhh.

Im just asking for info relating to the dimentions of various log style manifolds for B&D series motors.

you all are acting like im having somebody with no intrest in cars whatsoever build some untested pos to put on my car.

You want us to measure a log manifold and give you information on it. That is a manifold that has already been done. I wouldn't want my nuts in a vise for copying someone elses design. I'm a good welder/fabricator, and I'll probably make my own manifold also. I'll look at other designs for ideas, but there is no way that I'll try to copy someone elses design with measurements and everything.

If you want to see some examples, cruise EBAY. Also, learn what bracing is before you build.

Sounds like a decent idea as long as it is built properly, only thing I wouldn't use the exact measurments and whatnot of another maniold. You can use the log style design but don't make it exactly like everyone elses or one specific company's.

So I'll be the guinea pig, you have it made, blah blah. I'll put it on my car and tell you how well it works. I'll even give it back when and if you want it. I'll have all the other necessary(sp) parts too.

my stepdad is a certified master welder... i was gonna have him make me a manifold cause he can weld like crazy.... but then i realized... he knows shit about airflow and how it needs to be equal and stuff..

i mean... if he has access to a flowbench and can show some good equal flow and give me a guarentee and warrenty... then hell ya i will buy from him

Back