1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check this ZC Hb and shed some light please?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by UnluckyOne, Feb 15, 2007.

1. UnluckyOne

UnluckyOne New Member

Ill get the pics on here, i am at school and only one browser can be opened at a time. This is a DOHC zc. I was curious about it, I have no idea what it is, where the motor comes from or anything. I Love Ed's and Ef's. I was curiosu if anyone here would agree that trading my 94 teg with a A1 is worth trading. I think so, cause this car is pretty clean.

I just want a performance aspect of it.
    thanks I appreciate it.

2. UnluckyOne

UnluckyOne New Member

i guess I can't right click to get the pics of it...but if u have myspace just go to

www.myspace.com/aznsk8rboii for teg pics...

and i can't ge the link for the other pics of the hb...

ill probably end up trading...cause I just love the 4th gen HBs.

3. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

so you're telling us you want to trade your newer car with a better engine for an old ass car with an old ass engine?

not worth it IMHO.

4. UnluckyOne

UnluckyOne New Member

Well I was asking for the performance aspect of the ZC, compared to the A1. It's not that big of a deal, cause honestly the ED is far more better looking than my Car. I was hit in the back, and the guy didn't have insurance, and all I had was liability.

That isn't the point. I was curious How a ZC in a ED compares to the A1 in the 94 and up integras.

yes my b18a1 has more potential, but I'm not into the whole racing thing or w/e you want to call it nowadays anywhoo. I want a Hb and was curious how the zc compared like I said to the A1 or even how the ZC compared to the multiport.

So if you want to help me out a little more, Id appreciate it a lot. Thanks :)

5. UnluckyOne

UnluckyOne New Member

6. UnluckyOne

UnluckyOne New Member

7. UnluckyOne

UnluckyOne New Member

8. UnluckyOne

UnluckyOne New Member

9. UnluckyOne

UnluckyOne New Member

and look at the hole I put in my block.

ugh... the motor had 180k on it so yeah. It was ready to go sometime or another.

[​IMG]

10. UnluckyOne

UnluckyOne New Member

and my teg...on stands...poor baby...and only putting a A1 into it. :(

[​IMG]

11. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

the DOHC ZC that bolts into the ED cars is from the 88-91 JDM CRX/Civic Si - it is about 130hp - the stock DOHC ZC in the ED will be quicker than the stock B18A1 in the 94 Integra - mainly because of the weight difference with not much difference in horsepower

12. get_nick

i look at it this way though, the zc motor could be nearly 20 years old. the pics on the teg are kinda rough. if you are just using it as a daily driver, go with whichever one is more comfortable. if you are swapping in a motor into the integra, i would keep it because you would know the exact condition it is in. are you trading the teg with no motor?

teg fair market value=3500
    ed hatch with bad paint and 20 year old motor=2000

it's your call.

13. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

how do you figure? 94 Integra hit in the rear with no engine - maybe worth $500

14. get_nick

well, i didn't see the damage on the rear end and it looks like he's pulling the motor. thats why i asked if he is trading it "with" an engine in it. if the car is fucked, then duh trade for something driveable.

15. UnluckyOne

UnluckyOne New Member

I will trade after I get motor put in, but could you guys view my post in the teg section? I have a couple of questions before pulling...mainly me dam ball joint won't break loose. But
    i have othe questions to ask as well. Thanks a lot. The frame is fine, jsut the hatch where the key goes in is dented in, and doesn't work..the key, the hatch opens fine. The paint is all F*ed up and there is rust in quarter panel.

Ill just DD and mess around with cars on the highway, I was amazed when my friend in the LS ED stuck with an 06 eclipse on the highway. till about 110 then the elcipse kinda costed...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted