Checking in from Japan....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Celerity@Apr 30 2005, 10:40 AM
HEEEEYYY CLAYTON!

Glad to hear everything is going well. I'm tellin ya, you and her are setup PERFECTLY for JDM importing.. Then you can spend more time in Japan !

Without leaving us in the states !

-> Steve
[post=493365]Quoted post[/post]​

As much as I would want to do that...I cant...I`m making too much money at my current job, and the bennifits are too good to pass up...unless I finish my degree and have enough time with Sikorsky to have them send me over to Mistubishi Heavy Industries as a tech rep...then I can work in both the states and Japan...and get paid better to do it. ;)

Wow!!! What a day!!!!

woke up, post whored a little, then my buddy came and picked me up in his Daily driver Sizuki minicar...and we went to his buddies house and I helped install a ground kit on the engine, and then we went to his house to swap cars...and he disappeared and popped back up with a DVD present for me...A NHK news documentary of the designing and building of the Z Car.....

Then we swung by on Autobacks to look around...nothing....but in the parking lot there was a race built MR-2 that cought my eye...so I went over and got some pics.

At the house we had lunch, and watch the before mentioned DVD...I almost cried...it was beutifull...

Then we headed out for more car shops..and we hit Up-Garage first...nothing realy there that I needed or could buy for anyone...so we left...and there was an AE86 in the parking lot that cought my attention..so I took some pics of it with the Advan A3As on in the rear...hey...I have a set of them....hehe.

Then we went to another used parts place...and nothing again....but wait...as we was leaving.....I noticed a small box the had R180 on it.....and a LSD in it...my heart skipped a few beats....My Z has a R180....open diff. And then I looked closer....it was a nismo 2-way LSD...barely used...almost in a new condition....after getting to the price...I was afraid to even look any more....but I had to...even if to tease myself with another wet dream....

and I dropped my jaw on the ground and steped on my tounge....it hurt....the price was 18900 yen...and I just had to grab it take it to the counter to find out more about it. The previous guy that had it couldnt use it in his diff...he has the turbo diff...and this was for the NA diff...which mine is...so I walked out with a new 2-way for $190.....huge score!!!!!!

So then we went to another Autobacks so my buddy can buy something...he wanted to buy me some Nismo stickers since I just got a Nismo diff....what a cool guy. And then just more cars there and more pics....and he remembered a shop in the area that had only AE86's...and he got the dirrections and loaded it in his navi...and we hit the road.

We pulled up to this small car sales lot...and there was nothing but AE86's there..honestly....just a shit load of AE86's....all clean and ready to drive. They had a shop in the back that they just pump out the cars with...a simple little shop...a bay for parts swapping, and a bay for body work...and they did a hell of a job...the pics should show how good they are....

I almost cried....I missed my AE86....

There was one there for over $42Ks...completely restored and rebuilt to factory specks, as it it just came thru a time machine...it was hot...the black one.

after talking to the owner...and admireing the cars...a another one pulled in...he was there to get a strut towerbar...and I asked him for a few pics...and that made his day, so he turned on all the lights to please my camera. I counted over 34 AE86`s there....what a car whore....hehe

then we headed off for some sushi on a conveyerbelt.....kurukuru-sushi...it was awesome...and perfect...great taste and great price....$1 a plate.....the three of us downed 50 plates...hehe...

<---sushi whore...

I`ll let the pics speak for them selves...I typed up a full huge post...but the comp went freaky...and lost it.

The pics of the day...

Cliff notes.

Rode all day in a StageA on steriods.

saw a shit load of cars.

bought a nismo 2 way LSD for my Z.

Found an AE86 only car lot.

Had more sushi and beer.

What in the HELL is this !?

IT's like a ChoroQ, life size
akj.jpg

-> Steve

God those Mirages are fucking beautiful.

Do you believe you're hearing that from me ?

-> Steve

Well...today was a day for packing....

40 wheels are packed...and whew....I got thirsty.....hehe

so we hit the nearest yaki-niku restaurant...and pigged out on a shit load of beef and veggies....with a lot of beer...

and saw a few more cars in the parking lot that sparked some more interest....

posted some pics in the growing gallery on page 10....

I got to go to bed early tonight....got to wake up tommorrow at 5:00...to leave the house at 6:00...and be at the Nara ciruit by 7:30 for the drivers briefing...then race all day till 5:00 pm....

I'll take as many pics as my cameras battery can handle....

side note...if these wheels sell..and I make a decent profit...then I might just move back to Japan soon.... :) Just looking at the pics of the wife...she's so happy here... B)

be safe over there man...

and get lots of pics of the chicks...

send some back, i will gladly pay shipping and a generous finders fee
lol

Question for ya,

Is the food over there noticeably better? I mean as far as freshness and seasoning? Can you notice a difference?

I ask b/c one of my friends from Japan always bothers me about how much better, and their food is. And how much more seafood options they have, and how its always more fresh.

Thanks Man.

P.S....the JDM Wife is cute,... well done.

Originally posted by Celerity@May 1 2005, 09:48 PM
God those Mirages are fucking beautiful.

Do you believe you're hearing that from me ?

-> Steve
[post=493815]Quoted post[/post]​

i would DIE to have a 4g hatch. a 5g would be nice too, as long as it was an Asti Cyborg ZR ;)

ARRGGHHHH i wish those advans were 4x100 bolt pattern!!!
ant.jpg

well.....

Today was awesome....to the 100 power x50...it was perfect...well...almost perfect.. :blink:

woke up early due to anticipation of the day ahead, with a slight headache from sleepin in a funny position...and got dressed and jumped on the computer for a tad...couse I was up so early and the ride was not going to pick me up til 6 am....

anyways...we got to the mini-circuit on time...got passed by a civ type r with a full load...I show you the load later...hehe...and we set up Sute's car for the fun day ahead of us....

I'll say this...I have a new respect for cars....all of them...

the stagea kicked ass...if the driver had more practice..it would have been awesome....I had to give him a few hints...hehe...he listened and knocked his time from 38.7 down to a 36.1....we worked good together as a team.

that car has balls. :blink:

then jumped into a civic type r (ek9)...with a crazy driver....and almost crapped myself....literally..the dinner from the last night kinda turned into a soft poo...but lets not go there. :ph34r:

let me put it this way...the monster B is building...with the driving abilities that just slightly surpasses Chip's driving...(sorry Chip...this kid can drive)..and an attitude of...well...like mine (I don't care if it breaks on me...as long as it gets past the finish line)....and put those all together...it was a scary :eek: needless to say...I was looking for a toilet after that ride...luckilly I found one...hehe.

Then after the speed demons ride...I wandered to the other tracks...and guess what...I heard some noises that sounded too famillilar....could it be?????

Three tracks over...was the SuperAutobacs drift show!!!!

I had no idea about it.... :angry:

but anyways...remember that blue skyline in my pics???....it was there tearing up tires like a monster. :ph34r: And about 75 other hot full JDM drift machines...and I ran into an old buddy..and he remembered me..hehe....Chunky Bai, one of the Signal Autos drifter twins..and Kuroii san was also there..We first met at the NJ drift comp 2 years ago, and Chunky remembered me right off the bat, it took Kuroii-sam a few minutes..but when I said red S30....he remembered right away. S30 is the chassis code for the old Z cars. We talked for a few minutes, and then they jumped in their personal cars and hit the track.

Then guess what happened...... :ph34r:

The battery died on the camera :(

I used up 96mb of memory taking pics and vids on the other track, and when I got to the drift side...no battery left to take any more pics....so I misused the camera...98% grip driving...2%drift.....

And for the drfiting guys...there was tooo many things to take pictures of...and even then...my surplus of memory sticks would have been depleated in a heartbeat anyways...

But...holy cow...they can drift...even the begginers there puts us to shame...I only saw a few spins and at the percentage of the cars drifting/spin ratio is about 5%...they were awesome...so the rest of my day was going back and forth between tracks..in perfect weather...with no sunblock lotion...so I was a dead and tired burnt crab.

when we got home, we picked up the wife and two of her freinds, and we went to an izakaiya again...more beer...and more laughs :lol: mostly about me fubaring up the photo show :angry:

anyways...with the amount of pics I have to upload..they will have to wait till I get back to America...I leave tommorrow for the ryokan...a resort in the mountains living the old style Japanese way for 2 days...so no internet, phones, tv, work, cars, busy schedual......nothing but baths, beer, good food, natureal sceanery and the wife and her freinds.

but I'll connect online in the morning before I go to see whats going on... ;)

haha, that exact picture is now my desktop, and brought tears to my eyes.

this pic is awesome
apl.jpg

i spent about 45 mins looking at your kick ass pics :thumbsup:

Back