Chernobyl Stuff

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

"There are many places that not structurally safe, or have collected pockets of intense radiation. There are places where no one dares to go, not even scientists with protective gear. One such place is the Red Wood forest and another is the Ghost Town Cemetary. The relatives of the people who are buried there can not visit, because in addition to people, much of the radioctive graphite nuclear core is buried there. It is one of the most toxic places on earth."

the movie "Night of the Living Dead" came to mind when I read that.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 10 2004, 01:04 PM
i'd hit it. :)

crazy shit man.

I'm officially scared of nuclear power from this point forward

i live less then 50 miles from one...

Originally posted by Blanco@Apr 10 2004, 07:39 PM
I'll have to read this later.

Here's something interesting and along the same lines: More Frightening Than the Mind of Man Has Ever Imagined

Scalar EM activity has never been mastered, and can't be pinpointed. It's like solving complete Pi.

People who call upon "Armeggadon Scenarios" using Scalar weapons as an example, in my experience, are crackpots. Scalar wave theory is actually a Tesla hypothesis, and could be true - But it's untouched upon by major facilities - regarded as a pink whale.

-> Steve

can you say Lead sided drift cars.....Battle royal......ohhh the corners we could hit..... :ph34r:

And the cops won't bother us.... ;)

Who's in? :p

On a simular note...our little buddy here in CT, goes and sneaks into old insane assylums....with his other buddy who has a good camera and they take some of the best pics that I have seen, and a little freaky as well.....

I wish my wife was more adventurous...I would love to go to those places and look around.

bondage? :blink:

there isnt anything interesting like that out in the northeast. atleast western states have caves and shit.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 10 2004, 02:53 PM
The major reason why this disaster happened is because in Chernobyl, there was not a protective layer around the reactor like there are on all the reactors here. 3 mile island had a similar problem too, however, because of the protective outter layer stoped the radiation from spreading.

I do not care how anyone trys to justify nuclear power, it is just way too risky, upwards of 400,000 people died in that incident, and at the time Russia was one of the world leaders in nulear power. And 3 miles Island was super lucky, and it is a huge disaster, and it is amazing that more people were not killed.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Apr 11 2004, 12:21 AM
bondage? :blink:

there isnt anything interesting like that out in the northeast. atleast western states have caves and shit.

That tooo...hehe

Right next to Mohegan Sun is one of the largest abandoned asylums....we almost went today....

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Apr 10 2004, 11:22 PM
I do not care how anyone trys to justify nuclear power, it is just way too risky

So many important people having that same mindset is why we pay so much for electricity. :p

Reactor technology has come a very long way since then in the form of pebble bed reactors, more redundancy in safety and backup systems, etc; it's politics and public fear that have kept these reletively safe reactors from appearing.

Iam in......lets ship our shit over seas and take those roads,,,,,,,I know in czwxh they have sick as twisties...

Originally posted by DarkHand@Apr 10 2004, 09:42 PM
So many important people having that same mindset is why we pay so much for electricity. :p

I do not know what you are talking about bro, I live in California, and we even had a "energy crisis" and my power bill is still 30 bucks a month for my roommate and I combined.

Reactor technology has come a very long way since then

People say the samething about solar, it has come so much further than reactor tech, shit my pops is installing personal solar power systems on peoples house right now, and for about 10 grand people are only paying $4.50 a month and that is just to remain plugged into the power companies lines. And they are far from safe, if you watch 60 minutes about once every two or three years they do a show about the hazards three-mile island has caused, and other superfund sites around the world that have been cause by these reactors. There are just so many other ways to get power that do not put so many people at risk, hydro electric, coal, oil, and dare I say it again solar. All of those energy sources (except solar) have far less deadly bi-products than nuclear energy.

not so much necessarily safer... oil and coal pollute the fuck outta the world. just killing folks slower. :)

each "free" energy source has some sort of drawback.

wind power - no wind.
solar power - no sun.

nuclear power isnt all that bad, but the idea seems a bit unnerving. when was the last time you played simcity? :p

It's the old method of using radioactive rods that can get VERY hot if they're not cooled properly that's dangerous. Pebble bed reactors that use small bits of radioactive material encased in graphite are just about impossible to melt down without purposely trying. You can safely hold the pebbles in your hand.

Even fusion scares people because it deals with radiation. When we finally get that working properly it'll probably be slowed by fear as well, even though they work nothing like fission reactors.

yea, nothing like splitting atoms or putting them together to freak out the world. :lol:

just went through the new stuff.... same lady it seems.... very cool story/pics

Back