Chevy Cavaliers.... anyone own one?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My uncle owns a new one.Ugly as hell but its good on gas.The interior is ok really he is a big guy at like 6'5 270ish.But hey it lays rubber and gets you to point a to b.BTW it will shut off at 108 if you care about that stuff

Originally posted by jeffie7@Oct 22 2004, 07:38 PM

On another note a guy I know came into my work today who has a 95 4 door GSR. 70K miles in GREAT SHAPE fully loaded leather and all. I asked him if he still wanted to sell it he said maybe but the money wasnt in place for a new car but he would think about it.

he tossed out a # of $4-5K if he were to sell it =) =) =)
[post=406358]Quoted post[/post]​

Cheap! My god, I'd kill to find a 4door gsr with lower miles under 8k in Washington.

Miles for the money the honda is the best value by far. a 150,000 mile honda has more life in it than a 60,000 mile cav or neon. my civic has been rode hard for 183,000 and is still going strong. here is a list of what I have fixed since new:

Trim on drivers door.
Ignition Module.
Spark plugs.
Cap and Rotor.
Inner tie rod on rack.

The only cavailer worth buying is a z24.
the only neon worth buying is an srt4.

i know you jeff- you won't be happy even just putting around in one. not even because they are slow.... but because they ride like shit, handel like shit, have junk wheels/tires, and all that shit.

you're looking for winter/beater-- why not an suv or wagon of some sort?

Dodge = Death and Chevrolet = Chaos. Do not fall into the ways of the Dark Side, Jeff. The ultimate winter beater is a 1985 Honda Accord LX hatch. That was my first car... EVER... and I had bought it at 215,000 miles for like, a few hundred bucks. That little whore lasted me up until I left for the Army (a whole 2 years after purchase) and I changed the oil but TWICE*. I know this is a non-Honda segment... but damn I gotta plug my Accords.

*Would you take good care of a car with 215,000 miles plus?

Back