chips?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92dxhatch

it may sound like a dumb question, but please humor me, by any chance do you know where i could find a chip for a 92 civic hatch D15b7?, maybe somthing can give me a boost and take my top speed limiter off, i wouldn't want to raise the rpms any hight than i have it (7k), i use it as my dailly commuter, but slowly i'd like to add power here and there with out doing a complete engine swap, and i've talk with people who have had chips, but nothing for this motor. i'd prefer not to change the motor untill it lets go. so if you could give me any links and ideas on what to do, that would be greatly appreciated, thank you

I would not reccommend these but you can get those chips on Ebay. Secondly check out Hondata and Uberdata these are the 2 that I would go with.
www.hondata.com
Sorry man I forgot the website for Uberdata.

you can't polish a turd.

you can chip it all you want, and you'll go from 82 thunderous wheel horespower to 83. :shiver:

if you're not up for a swap, your car has mini-me written all over it.

for about 150, you can pick up a d16z6 sohc vtec head compelte with the intake manifold, injectors, rail, etc.
for 100-125, you can buy a p28 ecu.
add some misc plugs/sensors for the vtec parts, plug the oil passage, and bam, you gain 40 hp.

or, you can spend 60+ on chipping materials for your own ecu, 20-100 on a chip, and gain 1.

your choice.

Oh you should talk to berbongskickass or allmotormonster they could hook you up with a chip, maybe try to PM them.

so you don't think a chip will help alitle bit, i'm not looking to woop anyone in a race, just enough for fun, i do want to do a swap, but motor is running so well, and even for a d series i'd hate to junk it, plus don't have that kind of money yet, my desired moter would be the K20 and six speed trany, but too expensive, k series is the future :) :worthy: but untill then, just want to add to this motor,
how hard is it to install the mini-me, hrs, labor, that sort of thing, something i can do in a weekend? and let me know where i can but a setup like that. thanks, really the chip is what i'd like to do for know

provided you have all the right parts, you can do a mini me in about 4 hours if you know what you're doing.

the chip really won't do you anything. its pretty pointless on a dx motor.

I gotta pipe in here because my name was mentioned.

The DX engine is really a dud when it comes to performance of any kind. If you want that 2 extra HP that a "chip" might give you, just use a stock LS ECU for a week and see if you like it.

REALLY, I CAN PLUG IN A LS ECU WITH NO PROB. DIDN'T KNOW THAT, NEVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING, THAT WON'T MESS UP ANY KIND OF ELCTRONICS?

You should believe allmotormonster he knows what he is talking about. I learned my lesson not listening to him, don't be like me.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 17 2004, 03:12 PM
you can't polish a turd.

you can chip it all you want, and you'll go from 82 thunderous wheel horespower to 83. :shiver:

if you're not up for a swap, your car has mini-me written all over it.

for about 150, you can pick up a d16z6 sohc vtec head compelte with the intake manifold, injectors, rail, etc.
for 100-125, you can buy a p28 ecu.
add some misc plugs/sensors for the vtec parts, plug the oil passage, and bam, you gain 40 hp.

or, you can spend 60+ on chipping materials for your own ecu, 20-100 on a chip, and gain 1.

your choice.
[post=433885]Quoted post[/post]​

This may not be the answer you want to hear, but this is how it is, a chip is virtually worthless with your setup, do the mini me

Hey I have experience with a chip on e-bay. Wasn't worth a shit. Super rich. Rev limiter and fuel cut off didn't matter because it would choke out before it got there. This one was from AG Engineering.

chips are more widely used in European cars. I think their manufacturers have higher emmisions and shit and cut down on performance through the OBD.

Don't quote me though. I know with my old VW a chip made a slight difference, nothing to spend more than 30 bucks for. In the Porsche it made a very very very small difference, I got more performance with a throttle response cam (it was just a throttle cable adjustment)

yup- VW's respond VERY well to chips. fact is though, is that VW oem ecus fucking blow.

honda R&D makes some bad ass ecu's for their motors. its hard to beat it/better it.

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster@Dec 22 2004, 04:34 PM
NO YOU CANT I'M LYING LIKE I DO ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!

STOP YELLING AT ME
[post=436094]Quoted post[/post]​

sorry about that, the caps in all, i need it for work and its a pain to switch all the time, any ways, let me get this strait, are you jokin or will it really fit, because i can get one, if it does, and sorry for the doubt, i'm still new in the electronics part of hondas, motors and trannys and everything else i do just fine, so if you could confirm thad be great, appriectiate it, thanks

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster@Dec 21 2004, 08:02 PM
I gotta pipe in here because my name was mentioned.

The DX engine is really a dud when it comes to performance of any kind. If you want that 2 extra HP that a "chip" might give you, just use a stock LS ECU for a week and see if you like it.
[post=435580]Quoted post[/post]​

that would do nothing but make things worse. b series run much less timing and much more fuel than d series, so by using an ls ecu, he'd be running richer and more retarded than the already gay tune that honduh gives from the factory, so please explain how using an ls ecu would be anywhere near the same results as a gay ebay chip which basically just adds timing and removes speed limiter??? to get best results you'll need to dyno tune the chip just like you would for any other set up, but end result you're going to end up adding timing and pulling fuel from a factory tune.

Back