Civic Brake Upgrade

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

Ive been searching for some time and i would like to upgrade my brakes because of the upgraded power and weight coming soon in a few months, i would like to upgrade the front brake but they need to fit under a 15" wheel, also i would like to get rear discs, what should i buy for the front? And where can i get everything for the rear drum-to-disc kit? I do not want to pay an arm and a leg for everything, also i would like to do the front before the rear.

Also where could i find a rear disc to drum conversion?

Local junkyard. You can use an 94+ Integra, they swap right in place front and back, will fit under 15"s, and are usually pretty cheap.

What do i need for the rear conversion, trailing arm, rotor/caliper assembly, and e brake cable? I already have the adjustible camber arm.
What about the front? Get the whole hub?

You can either swap the whole trailing arm, or just the rear hubs (w/rotors, and calipers of course).

You're going into a 97 coupe? I believe you use the 99-00 Si ebrake cables.

For the front, do the whole knuckle, from where it bolts to the upper ball joint down.

From hmo it says "SiR-G GSR Front Brake Setup. - Includes Rotors and Calipers. $75.00" now all i need besides that are brake pads correct? Does the rotor have to be pressed into the hub?
Also
"SiR-G GSR Rear Disc Conversion. - Includes Ebrake Cables. $175.00"
Is there anything else needed for this? And will the ebrake cables work on my ek or do i need the 99-00 si cables like 92b16vx had mentioned?

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Apr 5 2005, 03:25 PM
From hmo it says "SiR-G GSR Front Brake Setup. - Includes Rotors and Calipers. $75.00" now all i need besides that are brake pads correct? Does the rotor have to be pressed into the hub?
Also
Is there anything else needed for this? And will the ebrake cables work on my ek or do i need the 99-00 si cables like 92b16vx had mentioned?
[post=483360]Quoted post[/post]​

for the first question, yeah, pads and your done, unless you want to add alittle more, put on some new rotors for extra security. and no, its the whole knuckle assembly i belive, call and find out, i'm about 99% sure that it is the entire knuckle and hub in all.
for the second, the cable should work for your ek, but only about 80% sure on that, call and find out, if not, then you'll need the 99-00 si cables, yes.

you don't need major pads, just some stock raybestest pads will do :)

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Apr 6 2005, 12:25 AM
Also
[post=483360]Quoted post[/post]​

You will probably get the whole front knuckle and not need pads unless the ones they come with are bad. I don't see them sending just the front hubs, they would take longer to disassemble, than it is worth for them.

And I am not sure if the GSR ebrake cables will work. I haven't done that swap, and have heard conflicting reports.

Alright, thanks, it sounds like a good deal, im waiting to do some major work on my civic and i just want to get all of the information that i need, because i have been saving and will be able to do most everything at once.

good luck, thats definitly and install im doing on my eg in the future, its not a hard one at all, if you pretty compitent around tools and such, you'll be fine. let us know how it goes

Yea, i think ill be fine as long as ill be able to get the bolts lose, also i plan on swapping around the same time as doing this.

That's a good time to do it, since your car will be down anyway and snags won't hit as hard. But you should expect to break the LCA bolts in the rear. I have only broken them once, but friends have everytime they have swapped brakes or suspension.

So far, the only bolts i have broken or messed up have been the camber arm in the rear and the bottom bolt for the shock in the rear, both because my dad had the bright idea to heat up the metal to try and break it lose, but infact what happened was that it welded it to the metal arm, both times ive had to use the dremel, and with the lower shock bolt i had to drill the remains of the old bolt out, which took many hours with many bits.

Back