Civic Brake Upgrade

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thats what we tried to do but it ended up welding them, lol we didn't TRY to weld them.

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Apr 7 2005, 08:20 AM
Thats what we tried to do but it ended up welding them, lol we didn't TRY to weld them.
[post=484165]Quoted post[/post]​

lol, funny, what were you using to heat it up? :lol:

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Apr 7 2005, 03:29 PM
I didn't do it............. my DAD is the one who did, and it was a propane torch.
[post=484421]Quoted post[/post]​

i see......blame your Dad :lol: j/k its all good, no really a propane tourch is good, but theres a fine line to get it heated up and start to melt it together. good luck :)

so have you figured out you plan on those gsr brakes yet?

no, seriously, i wouldnt trust myself with a torch, i'm already big enough on bein a pyro, but i will get those gsr brakes probably from HMO in like mid june, along with my swap and such.

Oh, by the way, earlier tonight I talked to a guy that works at a honda place in northern virginia, and he told me that the gsr ebrake cables will work, because they are the ones for the calipers, he is the parts manager at a honda dealership.

Originally posted by klei2fast+Apr 7 2005, 05:24 PM-->
Found these...they look pretty good.

http://store.yahoo.com/yhst-1408381693991/usjdmredibrf.html
[post=484469]Quoted post[/post]​

those are not the bigger gsr brakes your looking for, they are the jdm civic rear disk brakes, they are still good, but recommend the gsr ones for better braking,

VTECPOWER
@Apr 7 2005, 06:20 PM
Oh, by the way, earlier tonight I talked to a guy that works at a honda place in northern virginia, and he told me that the gsr ebrake cables will work, because they are the ones for the calipers, he is the parts manager at a honda dealership.
[post=484483]Quoted post[/post]​

sweet, i thought they would work, now i can be 100% sure now :lol:
cool deal B)

Yea, also he said if i needed any honda oem parts he could get them for me, but with his discount, haha, lastnight i sold him my stock headlights and tail lights, which is how i got this info, but really the only way to tell if they work, is trial and error. Still savin for the swap.....

Back