civic dx....swap or sell?!?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cIvIc[619]rcer

Im 16, and have a 96 civic dx, and i was interested in a swap because i've already done a few things to the interior and exterior to the car, and don't exactly feel like selling and then looking for a new car :blink: . Although, which would be a smarter choice in the long run.. Selling the car, or just swapping in a b16...which engines would i be able to choose from.. and which work best. Would it be stupid to go through all of the trouble of swapping in a new engine :huh: ?? Please lmk, thanks. :D

call a junkyard and ask for these parts.

hx or hf exhast manifold
turbo from an eclipse
blow off valve from same car
the biggest intercooler you can find

definatly look into turboing your motor but if you want a bigger engine look into a ls or ls/vtec , alot cheaper than a B16

Originally posted by SolLess16@Dec 11 2003, 09:13 PM
definatly look into turboing your motor but if you want a bigger engine look into a ls or ls/vtec , alot cheaper than a B16

he's 16 and its not cheaper than a B16 complete swap if done correctly. If done correctly it could adn most likely will cost a lil more than 2K for parts and labor. Dont speak unless you know what hte fuck you are talking about. Remeber if LSVTEC is done correctly including forged bottom end and mild head work.

So im 16 swapped in the ls, gonna turbo it, and also gonna build an lsvtec. But i do agree, Ls swap or just turbo the DX

He didn't say he wanted to drag the car, roadrace, all motor, turbo... etc.
And most importantly, his budget...

You can put almost any honda motor into your car, of course with the right amount of money.

If you just want something with a little more power and still be reliable, I'd go with a B16, LS, or even a GSR motor. Then go from there. All them motors are great starting points.

Good Luck!! :D

Back