civic h23?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

preludehardcoreh23

I need info on puting a h23A1 into a 5ht gen civic. If this a good idea or bad? genneral info on doing this like new axls, mounts, ect. help me out. :worthy:

I'm thinking about the same swap. My roommate just crashed his Prelude so I could have the motor for cheap. I'm worried cuz I have a 93 EX Civic and it has Vtec the H23A1 doesn't. How does that work?

Oh yeah,

Almost forgot... Yeah you'll need a mounting kit unless your good with a welder. They are a little expensive. You won't need axles if you don't change your tranny. I don't know if you'll have to change the axles if you use a Prelude tranny. I would imagine so but I don't know. Does anyone know about having to remove AC and P/S? What about changing ECUs?

this has got to be the most TARDRIFIC post in the world. Please someone help these poor people. I can't begin to start. :spin:

Originally posted by CivicMindedIndividual@Dec 16 2003, 11:56 PM
Oh yeah,

Almost forgot... Yeah you'll need a mounting kit unless your good with a welder. They are a little expensive. You won't need axles if you don't change your tranny. I don't know if you'll have to change the axles if you use a Prelude tranny. I would imagine so but I don't know. Does anyone know about having to remove AC and P/S? What about changing ECUs?

WELD?!!??!!?
use odl tranny?!?!?!?
you will need an h series tranny
you will need new axles
you will need a mounting kit..i perfer Hasport
u will need axles...Raxles
shift linkage
wiring

:newbie:
look at the references

I'm worried cuz I have a 93 EX Civic and it has Vtec the H23A1 doesn't. How does that work?

I may be wrong so someone correct me if I am, I've read you just simply don't hook the vtec wires back up..

This topic has been closed :locked:

Why? It is in the wrong place. Please post your topic in the right forums. Hybrid is not for suspension or interior posts. EG is not for EF questions, and so forth.

If you have any questions, please PM the moderator who closed this topic.

-The moderating Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back