CIVIC WONT START! please help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smoothekang

I have a 96 honda civic dx that wont start, ive checked the grounds, got a dizzy, new wires, poured gas in intake, jumped battery, checkd compression which is all average of 115-120 psi (not sure if thats good or not), changed out injectors from a bseries into it to test to see if it even starts, timing is lined up, not sure what else now.....any info. would be appreciated thanks...

stock motor or swap? more info would be helpful. are you getting fuel to the fuel rail? are you getting spark though the plug wires? you replaced the dizzy but what about the cap and rotor? ive seen hairline cracks in rotors ground out in the dizzy and prevent any spark from reaching your plugs.

115-120? seems a bit low in a d16y7. I'd mabey think head gasket but the car should still turn over.

stock motor, i did the screwdriver ground test and seen sparks for all 4 plugs, ive un screwed the fuel filter plug to see if the pump was giving fuel, it was GUSHing out, Ive even switched out spark plugs from a b series just to see if it runs, i even switched out ecus to see if that could b the problem, still wont start.

so let me make sure im reading this right, your getting spark and fuel but it will not start correct

correct, just changed out those components, just checkd the injector main relay next to glove box seems as if I unplug it the fuel pump stop of course... plugged it back in then it works, so I dont think dont think that relay is the prob.

you have bad compression
that could be your problem right there, i've heard of this..
your motor new had 185 compression across the board..
my y8 (same compression ratio) had 165, 155, 155,170 at 270,000mi, then i changed the head gasket and now she has 185,182,180,185. runs a whole lot better... CHANGE YOUR HEAD GASKET!!!

i agree with josh. if your getting spark and fuel and still not running its your compression.

BS It's not compression! he has compression! albeit low, (check for sticking valves on that front) check your dizzy timing, and that your spark plug wires are on the correct plugs. outside that do your have a lit CEL? (check engine light) if so look up how to check and read the codes. it will tell you what is wrong.

Jason

Back