clicking noise..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
ok.. i had previously had a squealing (<-probably spelled wrong) noise coming from my brakes.. well.. i was listening carefully and it makes 2 or 3 clicks from the driver side when i first start moving.. is this a wheel bearing or something.. :shrug2:

well.. i will be changing my brakes this weekend.. i'll check everything out.. if anyone has any more ideas of what it could be.. let me know

If it's a wheel bearing then lift the car and let the wheel in question hang free. Attempt to pivot the wheel in and out from top to bottom and then side to side. (push and pull the wheel) If there is a little play then it's wheel bearings. Cost is $50+ each. I had 1/3" in movement on both my front wheels! before I realized it and replaced them.

Axles will normally give off a popping/clunking sound while accelerating and/or decelerating in the middle of a hard turn.

yea.. i have no clicking when turning.. only when i first start to reverse.. it only clicks a couple of quick clicks.. hopefully it'll stop when i change my brakes..

Sway bar bushings. I just replaced mine and my clicky sound went away!

when i get in there tomorrow i'll check everything out.. thanks for the help guys.. keep the ideas coming until i get this fixed..

Back