Cluster not working

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hybridel

Hopefully you guys can help me out here, because I am completely clueless as to why it isn't working.

I have an LS/Vtec(obd1) in a 00 EL (obd2b)
I tried running an automatic P28 with a obd2b->obd1 conversion harness, and while the car would run fine there would be NO gauges working in the cluster. I thought this was due to it being an automatic ECU.

I now have a S300 equipped manual P28, and I can set it to stock P28, Stock P72 etc. but same thing, none of the gauges in the cluster work.

The cluster will only work when I have the stock ecu in.
I've tried 2 different conversion harnesses, one that was made by someone, and one from Streetrays.

I know the cluster works, since it runs fine when I have the stock ECU in. I only have problems when I try and run a different ecu with the proper conversion harness.

Do you guys have any idea what the problem could be?

thanks in advance

i think you need to bust out the wiring diagrams for your chassis (for the wire colors and guage cluster functions) and the wiring diagrams for your ecu and check it out.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was kind of hoping it wouldn't come down to that...

I guess I'll wait until its warmer and start ripping it apart

it shouldnt be that difficult. the only wires you should need to rearrange would be the ones attatched directly to the ecu. if you look at a wiring diagram right quick for any honda, the only things the ecu connects to the dash to control are

mil
tach
speedo

and that's about it

Back