Clutch/flywheel Combo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Milan - How much did your setup (Fidanza/Clutchnet) combo cost you? I'm just trying to compare prices because I plan on spending my money elsewhere on the engine and on the outside as well and rims and paint... That's why I don't want to spend an arm and a leg for just the clutch/flyweel. Thanx homie! :spam:

I have the Clutchmasters 7lb flywheel and Clutch masters FX300 clutch kit for mine. I just got it the other day and haven't had time to install everything. I got it all for $599 shipped from www.AN-R.com. He hooked me up pretty good. I will let you know how everything is after installed and after break in period!

went out today and bought an ACT HD clutch and sent my b16a flywheel to the machine shop to get it lightened and balanced. no use buying aftermarket its the same thing:OOO

PS. Im Cheap as hell.

the reason for buying a lightweight aftermarket flywheel over lightening the stock one, is the stock flywheel can only be lightened so much (i think around 11-12lbs) aftermarket ones are usually in the 7-9lb area

Yeah the stock flywheel should only be shaved to 11lbs, no more. My combo cost 520 I think, I don't really remember. I buy way too many parts to remember.

Milan

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Jun 10 2003, 01:30 PM
E_sol - is this the part #? AI4-XTSS If so - good choice!
My friend is a main distributer of ACT clutches in the bay area and I have always refered to them in stages, I had to go to ACT's website to verify. E_sol is right as usual - no stages.
Fred - I would recomend the part number i listed above, anything more and they recomend that it is too harsh for street. Let me know, I'll call my buddy and get a price!

hey im the first one who said they don't make stages! but oh well... today seems pretty shitty...

That's koo! Thanx for the response Milan and to everybody. Yea, I just want a decent street/strip combo because it's going to be a daily driver. Keep the responses coming.... I'm open to suggestions! I'm leaning towards ACT/CC 8 lb combo... :whip:

Originally posted by ekPhred@Jun 9 2003, 03:56 PM
Hey, wussup ya'll? I haven't posted in a while and good to be posting again! Anyway, I was wondering what is a good setup for clutch/flywheel?? I was originally going to go for ACT stage II and now a buddy of mine is saying something about Exedy clutches. I'm going to get a clutchmasters 8 lb flywheel with it. Please tell me what a good setup is. If you guys have setups post them and tell me how you like them! thanx a lot!

yo whats up i got a clutch masters stage3 clutch and the 8lb flywheel also 2 other buddies of mine have the same and none of us r complaining- great pickup with the flywheel at least 50% difference from stock-the clutch is very strong i have a driveshaft tp prove it-snaps when u wanted to and goes in easy on street driving-so i recomende it buddy

Back