Clutch not disengaging fully Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dkgoodrich

Hi, My clutch isnt fully releasing. When idling I cant put it into gear, it wants to go, clutch fully depressed.
I have to put my car in gear, then start it, to be able to take off.

I have a HA sport cable to hydro conversion with a oem slave from a civic. gravity blead a quart though it. It all seems to be hydra wise ok workin great.

I have tried and tried to adjust it, at the pedal/master cylinder. Shimmed slave cylinder a couple ways. ect. ect.

On the clutch fork or the black bar that disengages the clutch it seems when clutch is pressed to move all the way up to its stop point at the tranny casting.

I afraid me jamming it into gear will jack my synros up.

fluid level on the tranny, do I check the big or lil socket plug?

The tranny worked fine after donor car was crashed.

Whats the deal?

New clutch, pressure plate? 140k on swap, not sure if it was replaced, would think so, tons of service recipts in donor car.

Please help, 99% done, car hasnt seen road in 2 years.

Gravity bleeding doesn't seem to work to well in the clutch system.

We ran into the same thing when I swaped my brothers car from an auto to manual....bled it with 2 people and it was fine.

I had the same problem /w my sir II swap. I took the tranny off and found out the clutch had pieces broken off it and they were loose inside the pressure plate. Thats what was causing me not to be able to engage the clutch all the way. If it has that many miles you may want to check and see if that is the problem.

Back