Cold weather wont start. Tested everything i know need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Luded

Ok. So my car will start fine in warm weather. but in cold it will turn over but not fire. if it does it sounds like its running on 2 cyl. and it dies quick. so i cleaned fitv, egr, iacv, tested coil, checked battery, tested wires, replaced rotor, replaced ignitor still nothing. any other ideas? Time to just buy a new dizzy?

have you checked the main relay maybe? my prelude would start sometimes but during the day it would turn but not start i changed the main relay and the car was fine idk if that helps. good luck

yea same here, my car struggles to start when its cold... i changed the battery and it helped a lil but it still sometimes i need to crank it a few time to get it started.
i am gettin new plugs and wires today to see if that helps out, if that doesnt then i'll have to change the terminals on the battery.

Aiight fellas, guess what, I had that problem and 600 dollars of troubleshooting It was finally solved. First off you may want to replace the $45 coolant temp sensor. This acts as a choke by sensing the temp outside and tells the car wether or not to dump more fuel. Second, if your JDM, your dizzy is roughly 275 or more and if not your Dizzy is like 150. Replacing the ignitor, cap, rotor etc.. may not fix the problem, it didn't for me, I bought an entire new Dizzy and that seemed to have fixed my cold start issue. HOpe this helps!!!

Back