1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

comcast sucks

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by pissedoffsol, Oct 15, 2007.

1. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

so i got a bill today which had 2 line items called "additional outlet".

i called billing support to get more info about it, etc etc... first guy i talked to was a studdering idiot so i asked to speak with a supervisor.

supervisor comes on and shes pretty much a bitch from the get go, and says all we can is put a support ticket in and contact the tech who installed it, blah blah.

basically hangs up on me.

so i jump on to the web chat, so hopefully i can get a rep who can read, cuz appearently they can't listen.

she basically threw the last 3 lines out within 3 seconds as i was typing a response and left.

all i want is a friggin document/link/webpage which defines 'install' and they can't help me?

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

dont feel bad. charter is just as bad.

<3 my DSL.

3. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

I swear to god, if I ever knowingly come within 100 yards of ANY telecommunication company's CEO or chairperson, I will brutally rape and murder them without warning. If there is a god, he will find my actions to be justified and will bless me in eternity.

I feel your pain.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

wish we had charter here :(

5. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

comcast charges you a "line" drop with each service. The cable modem is one drop, the TV another. They both have to be "first" in the chain.

Comcast doesn't know what they are doing.. that chat transcript you posted up there would make me lose MY FUCKING MIND, ala "Falling down"

Bitch done WALKED AWAY FROM YOU.

6. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

this is how all telecom companies make their money bro...random surcharges and fees.

you can dispute it, but there will be more money lost in fighting it than just dealing with it.

7. khrisb

khrisb ******

you can fight it, but you won't win. I wouldn't pay for an extra installation fee and they came out and shut off our cable/interweb.

8. Celerity

And when the guys from Comcast came by here, they were FLOORED. My house wiring is the stuff of legend. The inside of my walls are like the dropped ceilings in "Brazil" I have 22 cable TV outlets in the house. I have 6 twisted pair in my ATTIC and 9 coaxs up there. I have no insulation, but I can run a data center.

The guy that owned the house before me was a HAM, so I have coax running through the house like whoa. The wiring junction in my basement has 22 cabled ends, 8 splitters, 2 shield junctions and room for 3 more inputs from the pole.

9. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

figure out the exact amount that they are screwing you out of, factor in the amount of your time and the stress they caused, then figure how much damage to their property you'd have to do in order to balance it out. It doesn't get your money back, but you feel less like a helpless victim.

10. Celerity

11. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

After all my rants about Comcast... you still have them?

12. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

Being that I work for Comcast I know this stuff :p

The fee that you see is 13.95 x 2 outlets. Basically it is a charge set on by a commissioned sales rep who wanted to squeeze every penny you have for his commission benefits. You technically have to pay for the tech physically connecting to tvs, regardless if you have cable or not. What I would suggest doing is telling Comcast to have a tech comeback out and uninstall the 2 a/o "additional outlets"... they will stutter and then credit you back.

All account executives have a $50 dollar credit empowerment, which most are tight asses with it. If that doesn't work, what I would suggest doing is calling back and telling the associate that you were not explained this charge at time of sale. Most sales calls are recorded (50-55%) for quality assurance and coaching purposes. So if necessary they can pull the call, and determine if they did alert you of that charge. That is a hassle, and could take a day or 2... plus you having to remember the time of the call and the number your dialed from (that will just help speed up the process). So normally they will just credit that back as well.

One third attempt would be to ask to speak to the Consumer Advisory department (Retention). That is the department that handles all disconnects. They also have quota to met for saving disconnects. So a 27 dollar credit will net them 2 bucks in bonuses... so it works out for everyone.

I have to admit... all sales people are shady there. You have be selective in how you word things, and what promotions to give out, because it all cuts away from your commission numbers. On the bright side though... some of those shady son of a bitches are pulling in 6 figures. If you have any other questions... shoot me an im.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  13. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

And then you can take out your frustration from Amy on this poor chump... he can't go tell, cause then he'll get fired for the illegal hookup. :p

14. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

B you suck, you didn't even ask her what she looked like and what she was wearing.... WEAK!

I don't mind comcast but then again I know people so I can't not like them =)

15. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

Comcast blows major donkey nuts. Believe me, I know monthly when I get my bill in the mail.

When switching from one residence to another, they want to retain customers so badly they charge them 140 bucks for an "install" and "moving fee". I got it all taken care of cuz i bitched enough about repeat service and keeping customers happy.

Even with my relatively "good" experience I'll never buy from them again. Too bad the apt i live in is in this rediculously old house so cat-5 cable isn't easily installable.... and my land lady is a hoe and wont let Burlington Telecom install it...

16. TommyTheCat

TommyTheCat Gonzo Scientist

17. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

18. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

again, i'm not debating the bill.... its 40 bucks. whatever.

all i want is some document that EXPLAINS what "install" entails.

you are the 4th comcast customer service person who can't fucking read. lol

19. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Its not $40. Its $27.90

Call them back, be nice, be civil, ask how their day is, blah blah blah. Quit pushing the legal crap, stop demanding things, and nicely ask for a credit of $27.90 to cover those charges that you were not aware of.

Unless those items were itemized on the work order and YOU signed it. Then you are shit out of luck. Take it in the ass, and realize that you just got an incredibly cheap lesson in "reading shit before you sign it". many have paid thousands for such lessons.

Stop saying its about the definition. Thats bullshit.

20. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

Werd...id love to be mad when im on the phone with tech support/customer service...but i cant be...and i think that gets me further in the long run. as long as someone SOMEWHAT understands what im talking about i can be civil.

basically...you get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted