complicated head swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey, i have a 93 EX with a y7 in it (i bought it like that). The injector clips and distributor harness are obd2. My friend gave me his D15B head for some old rims. I have a few questions before i swap this head. Here are the things I need:

y7 water pump
y8 head gasket
z6 timing belt
y8 dizzy
p28 ECU

Does that sound right to you guys? Also should i invest in some new head bolts? I litteraly have just enough to pay for what I have, if i dont really need new head bolts,i wont get them. I'm not going to be spraying or turboing the engine anytime soon...i'll most likely stick wit the regular bolt ons.

Another problem is that my Vtec seleniod only has 1 wire coming out,...and that is the green/white vtec wire. So i dont have the oil pressure sensor wire. When I get the p28 it isnt going to engage Vtec, so my friend gave me his Boxer Series SFC-VTEC controller. I can just run a power source to the controller, ground it, and wire it to the 1 vtec wiring coming from the seleniod..right? But when running a stock Vtec setup,..doesn't the ECU run a better fuel/ignition map when the vtec is engaged? I want that to happen with my set up. So when power is running through the vtec wire (when i have the set RPM)...can i splice another wire into it, and with a few resistors, bring it down to the proper voltage level, and plug that into the ECU where the vtec oil pressure sensor wire goes? That way the ECU thinks it is getting a voltage from the oil pressure sensor, and adjusts the fuel/ignition maps accordingly?

I plan on doin this swap next week..so any help will be appriciated. Thanks, Joe

he didnt swap heads. He had a b20 vtec in...but when time came around to selling it, he kept the b20 and put in a y7 from his DX hatch.

Back