1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by m90polk, Jun 15, 2008.

1. m90polk

m90polk Member

On the dohc zc what is the sensor directly in front of the distributor on the exhaust cam is it the cam position sensor or the crank position sensor....I've tried to look on line and everyone calls it either or so it is hard for me to know what it is because I'm trying to replace it with a new one.

2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

it is the CYL (Cylinder) Sensor - why do need to replace it? - they rarely go bad

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=INTEGRA&catcgry2=1989&catcgry3=3DR+LS&catcgry5=CYLINDER%2BSENSOR%2B%282%29&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  3. m90polk

m90polk Member

The sensor where is connects to the block is just pissing oil all over the transmission, so I didn't know if I should replace it or if there is a new rubber sealer ring I could install on it.

4. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

just change out the O-ring on it - part marked #1 in the link above - same O-ring as the distributor - 26.4mm x 3.1mm

5. m90polk

m90polk Member

Just ordered the new o-ring and seal for the cap plate. thanks for your help :thumbsup:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted