connection speed poll

dial up or dsl/cable AT HOME!

• broadband/cable/

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
what do you use?

ji doesn't beleive me that a lot of people still use dial up.

what do you use AT HOME. not at work.. at HOME

Well I use cable at home, but my g/f won't pay for it, so shes stuck on 56k....and thats what I'm on right now, and it makes me wanna cry...

PS I heard somewhere or read somewhere that something like 70% of all internet users still use dial up....?....unless of course, it might have been you b....but I do know a lot of people do use it so it was easy for me to believe. shit, all my fam but me use dial up

It's early in the game, but I'm starting to have second thoughts about how I think most are on broadband..

*cough*7-0*cough*

DSL at home, and dual T1's at work :D

56k here because we simply have no other choices. As far back (and on top) of the smokies, we're lucky to have phone lines :p . Well, there actually is one choice that I recently checked on (satelite). $400 install (even if I can install it myself, they require it for startup) and $84 a month for the speed at which I was looking. Anyways, let's just say "Not a chance in hell at that one!" I would be more than happy to pay cable or other high speed prices if they were simply available to us country bumpkins :lol:

cable at home, some sort of satelite connection at work with fucking websense on there to block any site I want to go to.

Originally posted by Wycked Sniper@Jan 21 2004, 10:40 AM
56k here because we simply have no other choices. As far back (and on top) of the smokies, we're lucky to have phone lines :p . Well, there actually is one choice that I recently checked on (satelite). $400 install (even if I can install it myself, they require it for startup) and $84 a month for the speed at which I was looking. Anyways, let's just say "Not a chance in hell at that one!" I would be more than happy to pay cable or other high speed prices if they were simply available to us country bumpkins :lol:

I know your pain. :) It took about a year of nearly daily calling to the cable company to get cable modem service to my area. The problem was that they didn't want to run data return lines across to my side of the highway. There are two gated rich-folk communities on this side of the highway though, and someone at the cable company must have seen the potential business. So around 1998 they finally did. According to the cable guy that worked around us, we were the ONLY house with cable modem service for a good 4 months, and then only a handful after that for a few years. I remember uploading at 800K/sec and just expecting it. Ahh had I only known to appreciate what I had... :)

Back