1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting .VOB

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by Kanned, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Kanned

Kanned Beast

So my camcorder records onto mini-DVD's, thus making a finalized/playable DVD when done(durrr). The disk's contents consist of 3 .VOB files, 2 .BUP files, and 2 .IFO files. I've done plenty of research, but I cannot find out how to convert this into a playable file that I can put up on youtube. WMA, MPEG, MPEG2, and etc. I understand the .VOB's can just be renamed to .mpeg2, but their are big problems considering the videos are all split up between the other .VOB's. Is there a way I can merge them all? I have "Intervideo DVD Xpack" for dvd playback on my computer if that helps at all. Hope someone can help me and thanks a TON in advance.

Sean

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

1 person likes this.
  3. Kanned

Kanned Beast

Thanks B, I have tried a few converters with no luck but I'll sift through those and try to find a helpful one.

4. Kanned

Kanned Beast

I managed to find a .vob merger to fix my multiple file problem. So now I merge the video files into one, then convert it to an .mpeg2. But it's still just 1 long ass video that I'll have to open with editing software to cut out the parts I want. Gotta keep trying to find a way to keep it split up into chapters like on DVD, but in a different format. If anyone knows of a cool program, let me know =)

5. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

Technology... isn't it lovely? :)

6. Kanned

Kanned Beast

Haha, you betcha!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted