Converting .VOB

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kanned

Beast
So my camcorder records onto mini-DVD's, thus making a finalized/playable DVD when done(durrr). The disk's contents consist of 3 .VOB files, 2 .BUP files, and 2 .IFO files. I've done plenty of research, but I cannot find out how to convert this into a playable file that I can put up on youtube. WMA, MPEG, MPEG2, and etc. I understand the .VOB's can just be renamed to .mpeg2, but their are big problems considering the videos are all split up between the other .VOB's. Is there a way I can merge them all? I have "Intervideo DVD Xpack" for dvd playback on my computer if that helps at all. Hope someone can help me and thanks a TON in advance.

Sean

Thanks B, I have tried a few converters with no luck but I'll sift through those and try to find a helpful one.

I managed to find a .vob merger to fix my multiple file problem. So now I merge the video files into one, then convert it to an .mpeg2. But it's still just 1 long ass video that I'll have to open with editing software to cut out the parts I want. Gotta keep trying to find a way to keep it split up into chapters like on DVD, but in a different format. If anyone knows of a cool program, let me know =)

Back