Cooling down my H22 Accord.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The one I did was an OBD1 JDM H22a into a 91 Accord DX. Used all Accord wiring harness and added the extra wires (VTEC, IAB, knock etc.) to the stock ECU plugs and ran a stock JDM p13. No CEL and everything was working properly on that job.

Not sure about chipping the p13 he never wanted to go that far.. just kept it stock.

quick question..... how are the fins on the front of the radiator.... ive seen some cars with some F*d up fins before and make drastic changes....

header wraps are good for keeping heat in and having the exhaust leave the faster. however, the use of heat wraps shortens the life of the steel headers from the extreme changes in temperature when the car is running and cooling down. when i had a custom exhaust put on, the owner was explaining it to me from experiences his friends had when drag racing. the constant temperature changes causes the metal to expand and contract and over time it causes cracking. with drag racing you may be lucky to have a header last a year or two with heat wrap on it. for street use, maybe 3-4 years. to me it isnt worth having it when you are just going to have to spend more money in the future to replace a steel header.

my 2 cents worth

i have also heard that the header wraps can cause galvanic corrosion... ceramic coated is probably the best choice. and collapsed cooling fins on a radiator make a big difference. the a/c radiator is usually in front and takes the beating, but will also restrict the airflow to the radiator if collapsed too much. is this thread old or what? does the original thread starter care what we have to say?? :)

Back