Cost To Install Lowering Springs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

installing coilover/springs are just like doing cv joints and brakes and other shit.

once you do it once you got it down pact.

before i got my car 3 years ago i didnt know what a cv joints was.

now when im in a hurry i could yank it out in the time it takes you to take a shit.

diy or have a buddy who knows a thing or two help you after that you offer to do it for others.

You guys DO realize that saying "installed 4 springs and 2 shocks" or "installed 4 shocks" means DIDLY extra over springs. You have to completely remove the shock/spring which are ONE ASSEMBLY on all Honda's to date...

C'mon you guys.

Also, depending on wether or not you're in a Salt Belt state, prices can be higher to cover extra labor for removing or extracting stuck/broken bolts, etc.

$125 is normal around here, $200 would be normal for Salt Belt states, and $50 is some guy in his driveway cussing and throwing tools.

DIY, it's not THAT hard, even with basic handtools and a rented spring compressor.

i just got some teins and theyll be going on my car soon, doin it myself :D .

i think being able to say youve done your shit yourself is better bragging rights then 'ive spent $X on my car' when the majority of that is labor.

i could try and do it this weekend if the weather is nice.

okay, I thought this is supposed to be a message board, not an opinion board. All this about (DIY) is exactly what I didn't want to read, especially when I said exactly that in the first post. See, it's simple really! Not everyone has the time, skill, tools, help, etc. to do all of the work. I give all of the guyz that do their own work all the credit they deserve, but this is just not possible for all of us.... For all of you who posted actually helpful information, thanks, but for everyone else who obviously ignored the very first post (aka. the question), save your comments for someone who wants them!!

Originally posted by CMoney811@Jun 30 2003, 06:05 PM
I give all of the guyz that do their own work all the credit they deserve,

Don't forget girls!! :( ;)

I paid $200 for the springs themself, so $200 sounds a little steep for installation. Remember that you will always pay up the ass for installation if you go to a shop, because labor is not cheap. It depends on how much each shop charges per hour, but a ball-park estimate of the variation is from like $45-120/hour. I would call around to all your local area shops and ask for an installation estimate. Good luck!
Hopefully that helped answer your question! :)

dude if you can make it to tyler texas I will put them on free if you watch close, and bring some hot bitches and coors light!!

any and all spring installs, whether honda saab chevy or ford, costs $100 here. with new struts or not. i've alraedy done the install 3 times so i'll just pay the cash when i get th emustang done. i hate compressing springs :thumbsdown:

average install time of 3hrs x $50 an hour=150! 150 sounds reasonable if you have to pay someone else to do it... but i wouldn't pay any more than 150. best bet would be to pay someone such as a friend who knows what hes doing to put in the springs... or you could just drive to Tyler, Texas and have jotech-coupe do it.... just remember... bitches and Coors Light!! haha...

you dont compress the spring use a tourch and just cut the coils two cut and the tension is all gone in under 2 mins

"cut the coils two cut and the tension is all gone in under 2 mins "-hcivic.com.

thats right... Cut coils and heat the bitch and loose your suspension in 2 minutes. Probably not the best route for "up grading" your suspension.

You can do it yourself if you know what your doing but try having someone there helping you dont pay Couple of bills juss to put them on u just need a jack,a spring compressor,tools and Guidence thats all do it yourself and learn

Back