CPU Too Hot?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Panaflo is quiet, and Sunon can be if you mod the power lines going to it. If you dedicate one normal plug to running just your fan chain, you can adapt the plug to output 7V or 5V instead of 12V. Get your voltmeter out and find out which wires are which. From what I remember, the yellow line is 12V, red is 5V, and both black wires are grounds.

To get 7V, rewire so your yellow is in the normal position, and swap the ground with red wire.

To get 5V, diconnect the yellow wire and run the red wire in its place.

Lower voltages will get you lower airflow, but the slower blade speed will also reduce noise. If you're really worried about noise, get the largest fans you can and run them at slower speeds- that way you still get great airflow while keeping quiet.

would it be better to have the side fan as an intake right over the cpu or as an exhaust fan?

Probably an intake. That's how I've always had my side fans set up. Just remember to balance out the airflow and map your air path from the bottom front to the top rear.

any suggestions where to buy the fans and what brand? looking for an 80mm and 120mm. Newegg is so expensive, 10 bucks shipping for 2 friggin fans and their panaflos are like 12 bucks each so thats like 30-40 for 2 fans. anyone heard of Aerocooler.com or nexfan.com?

haha i bought 15 fans from newegg.. masscool/speeze. really cheao and the build is pretty good. 15 for a dollar each and free shipping. well worth the money imo. although its sleeve bearing, i have plenty more to replace them when they wear out in a year or two.
anywa moves a lot of air and its not too loud. i need to cut out more holes for 2 more side intake fans and ill be down. if this shit crashes, im building a new computer.
oh yeah, is there a free program to monitor my hdd s?? i dont want my things crashing since i got like 160gb of animes. some are hard to get.

Monitor them? I don't know what you mean... you can back up all your anime onto DVDs- I've got easily several terabytes of really hard to find anime, and there's no way that I can store all of it on my hard drives.

Cal, where do you get the power for the aditional fans?

Back