CR-Z coming to US in 2010

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm going to find a way to con jeffie into buying me my next car, cause I don't care what it'd be or what options it has, but it has to be brand new.

I dont think I've ever bought a brand new car before, even the benz while I'm a first owner it still had 3000 miles on it.

The GSX-R1000 was brand new but thats pretty much it.

From Honda themselves.

HONDA: Futuristic styling. Hybrid power. Advanced interior design. And it's all wrapped up in a lightweight, fun-to-drive package. What a concept! It’s the Honda CR-Z concept, to be exact, and it made its North American debut at the 2008 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit.

And now it's official: a CR-Z based on the concept vehicle will go into production and be on sale in 2010.

Shorthand for “Compact Renaissance Zero,” the CR-Z is a forward-thinking exercise in inspired design and environmental technology. The CR-Z draws its inspiration from a need to deliver spirited performance in an efficient manner. It’s all part of our commitment to help effect positive environmental change. So keep on the lookout for more details about the CR-Z.

E, you can stop waving the carrot now. ;)

this is not the first time they have had a model ready for production and sale, then never came through with it

as i said... when it hits the showroom floor then i will believe it

honda loves dangling carrots

all of this doesnt matter any way though
because even if it does come out, everyone is just gunna bitch that it doesnt have the right power plant, or doesnt have the right look, or doesnt have the right option set, or it doesnt have the right drive wheels, or blah blah blah blah blah... no one will buy it because they will be too busy bitching about it not being what they wanted it to be... but they wont even bother to test drive it... so they wont find out that it really does fit the bill of being small efficient and fun to drive... it will stick around for a short time and then go away... honda will go back to making bland soulless sedans... and i will toss another reason into my "why i hate honda and honda owners" jar

i think i may be one of the few that actually discourages options??
i loved my dx coupe..because it had no power anything..pw.pl.ps.ac...all that shit wasnt there.the one thing i hated about it was the airbag.other than that i was happy..while it wasnt a new car this is still relevant..i love base model shit

but onto the crz..i just do not like the way it looks..way to damn futursitic..
i could care less about what motor is int it(unless they put a pos hybrid bullshit in there)

Car companies need to shut the hell up about what they're working on. Apple handles that really well... You don't know anything about a product until it's already in mass production and just about to hit shelves... That way they can capitalize on the hype and everyone wants it NOW. Hearing about the new CRX for half a decade and the Chevy Volt for years and years, people are 'over' the hype already, and it hurts sales.

:concur:

there is only so long you can string people along until the hype gets old, the "oooooh" factor wears off and people just dont give a fuck about your product any more

(Endyn supercharger anyone??? :ph34r: ) the older people and those who have been in this for a while will know what thats all about

But I already mailed my check five years ago for my Endyn supercharger. What are you telling me E? And honda can press release all they want. Ill scope it out when it hits the floor.

What happened to the CR-Y?

The emo market wasn't forecasted to be profitable enough. ;)

Tired of conforming to the plebeian society you're forced to exist in? Had enough of cars that think they're better than you are? Time for change. The new Honda CR-Y understands you. With built-in lip piercer, makeup bag, pop-up razors in the cup holders and a sound system tuned to make Panic at the Disco sound it's best, you can will your tattered soul to exist in this useless world in style.

The CR-Y from Honda. The power of tear-filled dreams™.

Last edited:
now that i have looked into it.. i hate the front grill. to much like a vacuume cleaner. I guess an intercooler would make it better but damn. If they make it look a little like the JDM teggy with the wider headlights and smaller opening on the bumper i 'll drool over it.

we'll see. I have mixed feelings about it.

Back