Craigslist addict needs accurate swap advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm not sure how impressed you're going to be with this swap. Automatic Integras are geared long, so even with the extra horsepower and torque it's not gonna be a whole lot quicker then the factory D-series engine...

Just a warning. Good luck! :D

Thanks. I think the extra 50hp will be enough to notice even with the gearing. Really if I want to drive something fast I have my 429 (7.0L) T-bird or a BUILT 5.0 HO T-bird (converting to Mass Air Flow from MAP and swapping the top end and rewiring the firing order was my first real unordothdox swap. Everyone just kept saying get a Stang or pull the EFI and put on a Carb)

For me its really about the building. I was a Lego addict when I was a kid, ya know? I'm tired of domestics, and the Legends (Ka7s) were a good intermediate because they have a separate tranny and a differential, so the V-6 is still mounted with the covers in front. They are also SOHC, and I've never built a DOHC.

So really this one, im just building to learn Hondas. Thanks to the resources here, the help people have given me in this thread, and taking one apart, Im pretty amazed with how much I know about swaps and conversions compared to a week ago. Im not claiming im an expert by any means, but Ive got a much better grasp of what is easy and what is not.

I also like the auto because its different and there aren't any resources on it, so stuff like wiring the TCU ill have to do myself, and I like that. Besides, If its not fast enough, I plan on lowering the compression a little and seeing how cheap I can build a junkyard turbo system. Thats another thing, Anyone can build a kick ass fast car if they have money to throw out of it. I get a kick out of trying to build a decent car for next to nothing.

It's out of a 90 auto teg PR4-A52 and I don't need it.

Back