CRAZY Exhaust Rattle/Buzz

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMH22Integra

96 Integra LS, had a flowmaster delta flow and some 2 1/2" piping welded on from the cat back out to the tip. On occasion (mostly when the car is not warmed up, but sometimes after it has) it will go from its nice deep tone to a high pitched LOUD LOUD LOUD rattling noise, sounds almost like there is a loose baffle inside the muffler (but the muffler was brand new). After extended highway driving, it usually wont do it for a while. I dont like my car sounding like shit, and can feel a power loss while the buzzing is going down. Is it just a defective muffler, or could something else be causing my problems.

I don't think mufflers or anything back of the cat effect performance. I'd be shocked if the muffler was your culprit.

Well the problem only arose after I got my new muffler welded on. If it is a loose baffle like I think, that could be blocking up the exhaust flow? I was just seeing if anybody had delt with anything like this before.

That's too bad. If you lived around Boston, my mechanics would probably take a quick look at it with you for free on one of their lifts. They're done that a few times for my friends.

Back