Crazy rain storms be flooding my hood y0! New pics 5/3.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If it were me. I hope you're doing something and helping sandbag or move people in and out of flooded homes. Because old people need help man. And regardless of your religious beliefs, you could be doing your "citizens"/Good neighbord duty.

From what I've read 15 people have died already.

[/soapbox]

honestly, there wasnt much i could do.
i was stuck in franklin, every where else was inaccessible. and they werent allowing people to help here. they had the national guard here, as well as the regular crews. anywhere that needed the help had it. believe me, we drove around a lot, if there was somebody that looked to need help we would have stopped.

are those coffins floating?

30414_1457608638629_1185774220_31434095_7491788_n.jpg

grave toppers. basically supposed to cover the area where the actual coffin is. all of these graves are at least 75 to 100 years old. the wood is long rotted.

so, hows your house.. did it stay safe??

my place is less than half a mile from that bridge that is pictured above. luckily though, that half a mile is a slight incline. so nothing happened here. my family is all fine and none of our stuff was taken away.

it sucks though, so many people lost so much, and theres not much that i could do.

and they left the Subaru abandoned :( out of all cars that could have made it out no problem....

30414_1457607398598_1185774220_31434067_6100660_n.jpg

Nice pics. Good brutality. I'm always amazed by how powerful water is.

Yep...water is the single most destructive element and even thing on the planet. It has the power to kill, destroy, crush, and cause more damage than anything else...ever...

and they left the Subaru abandoned :( out of all cars that could have made it out no problem....

30414_1457607398598_1185774220_31434067_6100660_n.jpg

allow me to put your mind at ease.
its a mazda 6 wagon. i thought subaru at first too. but then saw the mazda emblem on the back. lol.

BTW, the Scooby looks good
30414_1457607838609_1185774220_31434076_6648350_n.jpg

thanks, hopefully soon i'll be able to make it better. the paint needs a lot of buffing and cleaning up. wish i had an xt though.

Nice pics. Good brutality. I'm always amazed by how powerful water is.

same here, i was in awe the entire weekend.
water level is almost back down to normal already. when its all the way down im going to go take pics of some areas to show how high it was.

Yep...water is the single most destructive element and even thing on the planet. It has the power to kill, destroy, crush, and cause more damage than anything else...ever...

and is the most vital too.
funny how the most important combination of elements is the most dangerous. nice little catch 22.

I spent two weeks in Mississippi after Katrina. It was broooooootal. Houses washed miles away from where they sat...dead dogs everywhere...no cops...graves washed out...cars that looked like they went through the spin cycle with a bunch of boulders...which is pretty much what happened.

The effects of a 30 foot wall of water are devastating.

yeah, thats what i was saying to people.
i was just like "damn, cant even begin to imagine what new orleans went through"

31428_1275923864153_1411651901_30594065_6891433_n.jpg

lol

well, franklin is almost back to normal. nashville is still flooded i believe.
i dont have tv, and the news websites leave a lot of crap out.

yea... Grand Ol Opry is toast... saw it on the news this morning.. airplanes underwater and everything

yeah, that really sucks about the grand ole opry.
lots of history was kept in their basement.
all probably gone now.

the symphony building was hit pretty hard too.

wow thats bullshit that they couldn't have any fun.

Back