Croch Rocket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thanks jeffie 7 and frankie P! :worthy: If I get ins. on a bike and a car that stays under $225 a month I can get a bike! Will I get a multi car discount that will keep me under $225 a month when I already pay $900 for six months just with my car!

I think i will be looking for a bike in the spring, but i'm gonna start out big, GSXR 750, hopefully. I dont wanna have to turn around in a year and buy another bike. The way i see it, as long as i don't try to haul ass, or act stupid, I'm not gonna lay it over or crash. My manager at work has just started riding and he just bought an '03 R6. thats what he started on and has had no problems, just stays within his skill level.

Bottom line-- Just dont act like a dumbass

Problem is, once you get comfortable with riding a bike, you will want to do stupid shit, like a wheelie, well, most guys do anyway. If you don't plan on doing anything remotely adventurous, why get a bike? I mean you get one for the speed and the ride, not because it is comfortable. That is what I am getting a bike for anyway, the thrill. I will learn to do wheelies and stoppies/endo's, heard them called that too. I will start with a small bike, then jump up to maybe a 750 at the most. I am a small guy, only 5'4" so I can't really ride the 1000's, but hey that is fine with me, 750 is more than enough bike for anybody.

Of course i will get into fun stuff later. Like you said, why get a bike if you don't use it for thrills, but my point is that i want to start on a decent size one, and as i get more comfortable on it then push my limits. I just won't be trying to fuckin wheelie right when i get it and shit. I know plenty of people who have started on big bikes and have never crashed, they just don't act stupid on them.

not only is the power a problem with sport bikes but they tend to be way less forgiving

for say you enter a turn to hard or not hard enough and you have to make a quick adjustment some bikes might get pissed at you and just take a dive right into the pavment and low slide or if you have a bike with more power I've seen videos of people riding around turns and having the bike tire just give out even under low throttle when that happens the first thing you think to do is grab onto the break once it hooks back up it goes from a low slide into a highslide "where you over overtop the bike into the outside lane and that is when you really hurt yourself

some people are born with riding skills and can hop right onto a fast bike my friend had a GSX-R750 for about a month hated it becuase it was to slow and bought an R1 and to this day he has yet to wreck it and he does nothing but stunts on it

but on the other hand some people need more time to learn and if they think they can just hop on a GSX-R750 or R6/1 and take it easy well.... it does not always work out the way you want... shit happens I don't care who you are get a starter bike first you will not loose much money if any money if you buy an older bike and resale it a few months later

if you can get a 95 EX500 for 1200 dollars chances are you can sell it for 1200 dollars a few months later

if you get a 2000GSX-R 750 for 6500 dollars chances are 2 weeks later you will get 4500 for it if you drop once then make that $2500 unless you repaint/replace parts

you have like a 80% chance of dropping your first bike within 3 months of buying it

almost everyone I know "other then that R1 guy" has droped their bikes even I did it once thanks to my kick stand not going fully down and me getting off "bike fell over"

thanks to owning a not so costly bike I did not lose any money because of that now if I did it with my F4i right now I could get $6000-6500 for it in the used market but if I droped it once..... maybe $4500-5000 MAYBE

sure you can replace parts if you drop it but if anyone here has looked into it.... you're looking at 1-2K for basic painted fairing parts lets say the bottom right fairing and the front right upper fairing

so if you want a GSX-R750 for your first bike go for it just know that you were warned

a study taken in CA showed that people who ride a bike as their everyday vehicle live an AVG of 9 months

now lets factor in the people who crash and live =)

for the record, Loco Honkey, I have ridden a Ninja 250, I used to work at a Kawasaki Dealership. Those things are slower than dirt, but I guess if you're afraid to go over 80mph and you have never ridden a bike before, then by all means, buy one. And also for the record I have owned 4 crotch rockets, a 1991 CBR 600 F hurricane, a 1994 Ninja ZX-6 , 1993 CBR 600 F2 and a 2000 Suzuki GSX-R 750 with SRAD., so don't tell me I've never ridden a bike before, I've owned more bikes than cars.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Oct 19 2003, 03:01 PM
telling you man... any naked bike will be cheap to insure 20-30 bucks a month

1800-auto-pro

What do you exactly mean by a "naked bike"?

suz-gsf1200-01-bikepics-14606.jpg

Bandit with front fairing I've seen them put down 140WHP with mods
thats how much an R1 puts down

suz-gsf1200-01-bikepics-14478.jpg

fully naked Bandit bike they are called street fighters beucase they are great drag bikes they handle pretty well and can hang with the big boys when modded

for a first bike I would not get the 1200 but the little brother the 600 the 1200 will pull up on you VERY easy is most gears =)

Originally posted by jeffie7@Oct 19 2003, 03:01 PM
1800-auto-pro

Sorry for being retarded !

What do you mean by 1800-auto-pro?

Is this 1,800 for progressive auto ins?

Apperciate all you help so far Jeffie 7!! :worthy:

Back